plasticpenguin

And now for something completely different.

7 hours ago, Sumdumgi said:

It surprises me that the Wam continues to allow him to promote products he sells in discussion posts which historically has always been forbidden.

It's a mystery.

1275898891_ScreenShot2019-05-15at17_54_47.png.c7163f8a1778a39856a3bf093611a3d1.png

I wouldn’t mind ending up again with what I have now, and I don’t regret the journey I took to get here. I’ve gone through quite a bit of kit over the past decade or so in 5 different rooms. The rooms had the biggest impact on my enjoyment of the system by a long shot.

So if I could start over, I would start by choosing my ideal room first, and if I did not end up with what I have today, it would probably be with a simpler but all Audio Note system, largely for the synergy of having a complete AN system.

In saying that, I think I am now in the position that if funds did become available, I would upgrade vertically in the same range as what I already have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Starting from scratch, it would be extremely difficult to justify vinyl as a primary source. The cost of building up a reasonable record collection is so prohibitive.  I might just have to swallow hard and go digital, but make sure I match it with components that add copious amounts of distorting colouration to compensate. 😀

I reckon my system would be pretty close to what I have now.  The only thing I’d change if starting again is not being in such a hurry, and waiting for kit to come up second hand, rather than buying new and wasting a packet when moving it on.  

Very nice topic plastic penguin :)

Looked very straight forward in the beginning . And I've typed a couple of replies and deleted them all again. Goes to show I really need a introspection into what I really want.

But I've had my fair share of some very stupid mistakes on the way. I fondly hope I won't repeat them again.

Edited by newlash09
Edited for extra content

I'm a dyed in the wool vinyl head, primarily because of the higher sound quality but alsob because of the investment in the software as well as the hardware.

If I was starting over and somebody could show me a reasonably priced, easy to set up and use digital set-up, that sounded as good as vinyl, it would be dots and bleeps all the way :)

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

I did go for “Something completely different” a while back.

Was: Turntable, C.D. Player and Tuner into Pre-amp and Power Amp into Large Floor Standers.

To: All C.D.’s ripped to a SSD into Roon Nucleus with Tidal into Mytek Brooklyn DAC into Dutch & Dutch 8c’s.

Best and most compact system I have ever had!

Paul - Rotterdam

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1