The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

TheFlash

Audia Flight Owner's Club

Dealer
17 hours ago, TheFlash said:

That might be bolleaux, hard to judge... I've just never heard the apartment sound as nice and am very pleased.

Get a pair of active 40s there then? or have you previously done that?

That is not a real question by the way as I know you have no intention of swopping the Audia Flight / passive 40 combination.

On 24/05/2019 at 09:36, CnoEvil said:

Now I've looked it up, I do indeed know it....I just didn't know I knew it, as I came across it recently and saved it on My Tidal.

Try Allan Taylor album “Colour To The Moon” you might like it:)

• Like 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

Get a pair of active 40s there then? or have you previously done that?

That is not a real question by the way as I know you have no intention of swopping the Audia Flight / passive 40 combination.

I believe you may have preferred the actives to the combo. I love mine as you know but the passives/amp is very special and if I did have to choose... no need to go there.

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

This Malaysian review http://audiofi.net/2018/12/audia-flight-fls10-integrated-amp-elegant-and-well-poised/ surprised me with the following extract about headphones! Who would have thought...?

"Lastly, I listened to the headphone output using my trusty Sennheiser HD600. My, what a revelation. This is not a patch-up output just to make up the features set, but a real world-class headphone amplifier. Bass quality in particular stood out, being firm and solid, and with real impact when it mattered. Yet, the sound retained all the best of what the amplifier delivered through the speakers!

Potential buyers who are also headphone users should also audition the amp with their favourite headphones, it might very well influence their decision to buy. I am quite certain this is the best headphone amplifier I have ever used with my HD600."

Super Wammer

Those foreign johnnies seem to like the handsome beast (Google Translate is a friend but sometimes a comical one):

https://www.hifistatement.net/tests/item/2098-audia-flight-fls-10

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Those foreign johnnies seem to like the handsome beast (Google Translate is a friend but sometimes a comical one):

https://www.hifistatement.net/tests/item/2098-audia-flight-fls-10

“Basically you do not hear him at all. More praise is unlikely.”  I think I get the conclusion, but I did wonder if they had forgotten to plug it in!

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
41 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

“Basically you do not hear him at all. More praise is unlikely.”  I think I get the conclusion, but I did wonder if they had forgotten to plug it in!

Indeed! If that was a UK review it would have said “Basically the amp is completely transparent. Higher praise would be impossible”. I did think of translating as such but I might have been accused of poetic license!

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

If anyone was on the verge of diving into FLS10 ownership, you've just saved yourself £3,000...

Come on in, the water's lovely!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audia-Flight-FLS10-Integrated-Amplifier-Ex-demo-RRP-7900/254301526425?hash=item3b358d5999

image.thumb.png.bcd8d9bcacea22ce6a101d6e2aa2449a.png

Edited by TheFlash

Welcome from sunny and super humid Malaysia! I just found out about this group so thought why not pop by and say hi.

I got my FLS-10 for like 6 months now and am enjoying it. It works as my integrated or as a power amp to my Cary Audio SLP-5.

Here’s a pic of my simple set up. For source I mainly use the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge and at times bring out the Cary Audio CD 500. Speakers are the Marten Duke 2 and ProAc Response D2.

😬

69912A87-1D87-4F00-A4F7-749656A41B16.jpeg

Edited by tIANcI

Super Wammer

Welcome @tIANcI! Nice set-up you have there.

Are there many Audia Flight owners and/or dealers in SE Asia? We are a rare breed here in the UK!

Nigel

38 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Welcome @tIANcI! Nice set-up you have there.

Are there many Audia Flight owners and/or dealers in SE Asia? We are a rare breed here in the UK!

Nigel

Hey Flash! Thank you ... I’m happy with my set up. No more chasing. 

In Malaysia only 1 dealer carrying Audia Flight. Same in Bangkok, Thailand.

A great sounding amp that has few reviews and few owners. Wonder why? 🤔