The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

TheFlash

Audia Flight Owner's Club

@Theflash- The amp will sound great as it was delivered on a Pallet and a by a  big FO lorry.:notworthy:

Repped suitably.:notworthy:

• Haha 1

Dealer
1 hour ago, Tarzan said:

@Theflash- The amp will sound great as it was delivered on a Pallet and a by a  big FO lorry.:notworthy:

Repped suitably.:notworthy:

You should have seen the EVEN BIGGER lorry that delivered my refurbished ATC 150s in their massive crates on EVEN BIGGER pallets. So mine should sound even better than this yet to be heard Audia Flight. xD

• Haha 1

Pallet envy... :rofl:

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

You should have seen the EVEN BIGGER lorry that delivered my refurbished ATC 150s in their massive crates on EVEN BIGGER pallets. So mine should sound even better than this yet to be heard Audia Flight. xD

14 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Pallet envy... :rofl:

Time for measurements gentlemen... :whistle:

comparing-activism

• Haha 3

On 14/05/2019 at 18:29, TheFlash said:

Yes, that apostrophe is in the right place: I think I'm the only owner on the Wam!

Following an uncontested election therefore, I declare myself the Lifelong and All-Powerful President and Spiritual Leader of the Wam's Audia Flight owning community.

Company and range: http://www.audia.it/

My FLS10 integrated arrives tomorrow.

image.png.04c1500da374f66f1ad3a3f45e6b1920.png

image.thumb.png.650d2c908eb8c38e54a87c1b7196aa1c.png

• Output power per channel Wrms: 200/380/700 (8/4/2 ohm) 
  • Inputs: 3 unbalanced (RCA), 2 balanced (XLR)
  • Outputs: 1 unbalanced (RCA), 1 balanced (XLR), 1 REC unbalanced (RCA)
  • Gain range: -90dB / +10dB
  • Gain resolution: 0,5dB
  • Frequency response (-3dB): 0,3 Hz ÷ 500 KHz
  • THD: < 0,05 %
  • S/N Ratio: 110 dB
  • Input impedance: 47 Kohm
  • Damping factor (on 8 ohm): > 650
  • Main voltage AC (50-60Hz): 100, 110-115, 220-230, 240 V
  • Stand-by power consumption: less than 1 W
  • Power consumption: (200W RMS @ 8 Ohm both channels)840W
  • Dimensions and weight: 450x180x440mm (W x H x D) - 36kg

HiFi News review attached.

HFN_Dec_Audia_Flight_FLS10_Reprint-LOW.pdf

I hope the exclusive club will be showing itself at Kegworth next year?

Looks absolutely stunning, shame we are so far apart, I'd love to compare and contrast with my Vitus... Here's hoping this saga has a happier ending. Enjoy! :^

• Like 1

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, CnoEvil said:

That will be an interesting one. What Source will be used on each (I've lost track), as that will be a significant factor at this level of "Highendiness" IME?

Main = Arcam CD23T in both.

Secondary = Bluesound Node 2 if to be same, though I have a Leema Elements DAC on duty here in Leicestershire which would be my default from the Node 2

Tertiary = vinyl which are rathr different (Gyro SE/OL Illustrious/M Black in Kendal vs RP6/Dynavector 10x5 here).

I will of course have a week with the actives and passives side by side here so can make direct comparisons. Will I? Well, it won't exactly be double-blind and I'd be doing it for the Wam community rather than for myself as I'm not trying to choose a "winner".

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, parcelmonkey said:

I hope the exclusive club will be showing itself at Kegworth next year?

Looks absolutely stunning, shame we are so far apart, I'd love to compare and contrast with my Vitus... Here's hoping this saga has a happier ending. Enjoy! :^

It may well be at Kegworth... I can only guarantee at this point that I'll be using either ATC passives or actives!

You have a car, I have a kettle. Man up...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

You have a car, I have a kettle. Man up...

And you possess a car too? And my kettle boils at different temperatures because you can set it so, therefore it's better!

:cafe:

Super Wammer
24 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

And you possess a car too? And my kettle boils at different temperatures because you can set it so, therefore it's better!

:cafe:

I posted, then walked my dog and thought "bugger, I know what Ade's going to bounce back with...".

To be continued...

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Well, it won't exactly be double-blind and I'd be doing it for the Wam community rather than for myself as I'm not trying to choose a "winner".

Personal sacrifice for the benefit of the community shows dedication.....and allows us to pontificate about the result. I look forward to it.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

It’ll take a week to run in, Nigel!  And don’t forget the cryogenic cable lifters...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

We needs pictures Mate...…...

Super Wammer
11 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

7 hours ago, Tarzan said:

We needs pictures Mate...…...

Oi, you two. Start a pallet thread! 9_9

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Well... if I had a dedicated listening room, I might be doing some serious comparisons here... (the Audia Flight simply wouldn't work in a cabinet in our lounge!).

I've hooked it up, just to let it stretch its legs, with my Pioneer PDS-505 Precision via a cheap but long enough i/c. ATC SCM40's are connected via Van Damme LC-UPOFC 6mm.

A bit of Stevie Ray Vaughan and now this which arrived today (as I type, a couple of annoying tracks have come on but there are some nice tracks too - for the non-purist: @Nopiano look away now.

image.png.6efdb44a693ac8d40d112e2a3beec589.png

The bass is not what I have heard before from the passives: deep, clear, but not showing off. I'm deliberately not reading back to the post by @CnoEvil where he used certain words to describe the sound I might hear... but am stuck on mellow, authoritative, effortless and immersive. How can a sound be mellow and authoratitive simultaneously? I have no idea. Soundstage: bloomin' marvellous.

Anyway, back to the music.

• Like 1