TheFlash

Audia Flight Owner's Club

Super Wammer

If I take anything from today's listening session with the Audia Flight and Pass Labs it is that amplifiers DO sound different. I was prompted to post this because my wife has just said to me that she found today interesting because she could hear such a clear difference between the amplifiers (and no, it wasn't the classic "my wife said from the next room, what have you changed?" She was stood directly behind Nigel and me (when she should have been scrubbing floors etc).

Audia Flight and Pass Labs are two very fine amplifiers indeed, they are both class A and they must both be be full of heavy bricks to weigh that much. So how come they sound so different? And more importantly how come some people think that all well measuring amplifiers sound the same when they clearly do not?

For the moment all I know is that my (now empty) glass of Italian red wine was delicious, I enjoyed listening to the Audia Flight very much and that for anyone who likes the double bass on Till Brönner's A Thousand Kisses Deep then they could do worse than trying the first track on the second CD of Gregory Porter's Live in Berlin album. Turn it up loud and then listen to the whole album after the first track. I normally find his albums a bit sugary but this is much more raw energy.

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Great stuff Nick. I couldn't both like and laugh, so went for laugh: Katharine scrubbing floors while you play with your "stereo" again...

Super Wammer

Come on, someone help me move that apostrophe in the thread title to after the "s"...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audia-Flight-FLS4-Stereo-Power-Amplifier-RRP-6250/254214771573

:whistle:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Haven't listened to it?? It's iconic! You know, one of those tracks that would even make an Amazon Echo sound impressive...

ok, maybe not. But it is good.

Now I've looked it up, I do indeed know it....I just didn't know I knew it, as I came across it recently and saved it on My Tidal.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Iceman 16 said:

I did try to listen to Till Bronner's track A Thousand Kisses Deep via Qobuz. The double bass is really good but the trumpet if thats what he's playing was like there's a mouse stuck inside it:)

I was wrong....it isn't due to using a Mute....so it must be a mouse (which I think briefly pops its head out during the video). :nuts:

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Come on, someone help me move that apostrophe in the thread title to after the "s"...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audia-Flight-FLS4-Stereo-Power-Amplifier-RRP-6250/254214771573

I have it on my watch list. I am sure someone will give it a happy home and allow you to move the punctuation around. 

Posted (edited)
On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 09:35, TheFlash said:

It comes with a Pallet people. :cool:

Edited by Tarzan
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer

Installed in Kendal along with ATC SCM40's. Doesn't dominate at all...

Radio Paradise sounding stunning.

IMG_4353.thumb.jpg.19f646067d8a2faa56eddb804c814e4f.jpg

Complete with numpty guide. Wasted on Amazon Echo users of course :roll:

IMG_4352.thumb.jpg.b631d99e3089f1fa6ce1a769ef806dd4.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Installed in Kendal along with ATC SCM40's. Doesn't dominate at all...

Radio Paradise sounding stunning.

IMG_4353.thumb.jpg.19f646067d8a2faa56eddb804c814e4f.jpg

Complete with numpty guide. Wasted on Amazon Echo users of course :roll:

IMG_4352.thumb.jpg.b631d99e3089f1fa6ce1a769ef806dd4.jpg

Does it sound better/worse/v.similar?

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
Just now, CnoEvil said:

Does it sound better/worse/v.similar?

Than back in Leics? Better.

Edited by TheFlash

Super Wammer

That might be bolleaux, hard to judge... I've just never heard the apartment sound as nice and am very pleased.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

That might be bolleaux, hard to judge... I've just never heard the apartment sound as nice and am very pleased.

I suspect that it likely to be correct.

I'm delighted for you. When it's "right", you know it.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Nigel so good to see those pictures and to know that everything arrived and was installed wish it could have been me helping and then enjoying and listening to in its new home. I am slowly turning the corner and getting better and feeling a little more comfortable so will look forward at some point to going up to Kendal and hearing this system .

Better still will get a chance to talk and hear about recent events which have been very interesting .

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Pleased to hear you're on the mend, Andrew. I drafted in a neighbour who might regret that he happened to be passing... No, between two of us, all was straightforward. The FLS10 would look much better on the bottom shelf but even with lots (10cm+) of space above it (which is doable), it would simply be too enclosed for its own good.

Your Kendal invitation stands, will pm. I think we can do this in June.

All the best,

Nigel