Millennium

modded Pink Triangle box ( x CD player).

Posted (edited)

yep (?!)

I am posting this up as over on our Pink Fish Mediad  JohnW of AudioLab past or current team members mentioned that the current standard MDAC was outclassed by a much older Dacapo DAC he had recently serviced. I know that sometimes in manufacturing the earlier pieces of hardware design can be the benchmarks. Any thoughts on this?

It's out of my price range. I do not sell much as I have some confidence in my decisions over time (I only sold my BK XLS200 df for 240 ish many a year ago as it used to rattle the modern kitchen windows in my basement flat - from the front room! Also I prefer stereo at the moment.).

For those interested in shaking their chimney stacks worth mentioning there appears to be a corking deal on an XLS400 almost in the current classifieds (providing it is legit as photos are pending at the moment. )

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173878405628?ul_noapp=true

Edited by Millennium

That's not a DAC, it's a transport that has digital inputs and a broken mechanism. If it's the same internals as a Da Capo then it will be very good with CD but won't play higher definition stuff. The Da Capo and the cheaper Ordinal had a reputation for being unrepairable because the caps leaked and destroyed the tracks on the circuit board. This has new caps, so won't have that problem. The same seller has a Da Capo at three times this price.  

35 minutes ago, ian917 said:

That's not a DAC, it's a transport that has digital inputs and a broken mechanism. If it's the same internals as a Da Capo then it will be very good with CD but won't play higher definition stuff. The Da Capo and the cheaper Ordinal had a reputation for being unrepairable because the caps leaked and destroyed the tracks on the circuit board. This has new caps, so won't have that problem. The same seller has a Da Capo at three times this price.  

The listing is not good. I would warn caution. And you are correct, it is a faulty transport.