doctorjuggles

eBay amp sale damaged in transit - what now?

4 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Sorry to read about your experience with eBay. I take it that they have no route whereby you can complain or seek any redress?

I’m interested because this year I’ve sold quite a few Hi-Fi bits on eBay, and am keeping my fingers crossed that I continue to get decent buyers. 

Theres not much he can do as its 'his word against theirs'. You could of course turn up to the fellas house with some mates a big angry dog...or in these words...say that youll be visiting to ask him to show you the problem with the amplifier...sometimes that gets them to at least cover the postal charges :)

Super Wammer

I was a recent amp purchaser on eBay .....it arrived with one channel blown.  Had great comms with the sellar ...he admitted he'd not tested it before he advertised it, and he paid for the return postage etc, refund went through with no issues etc.  

Super Wammer

I have (at least) 725 eBay transactions under my belt and have only had one major issue when I broke my rules and, as you may recall,  let the guy take my Pioneer Urushi amps based on only part payment. I tracked him down and got the balance.

Everything else has been peachy. Extracts from current dashboard:

1578962860_ScreenShot2019-05-16at13_34_49.png.fb29abcd189b6e16b9e77703ae5e125e.png925931521_ScreenShot2019-05-16at13_35_01.png.af44be58e4823b9bf33999ea3bd24a67.png

As you can see, my last 17 transactions added up to nearly £12.5k. People do have problems, I'm not arguing they don't. But I'd refute any suggestion that eBay is plagued by scammers, a plague be upon its house etce etc. Yes buyer and seller beware but eBay opens up a vastly wider market than any other channel. If you wait until the regular £1 final valuation fees come along, you don't even pay much for the privilege (eg. I sold my vintage Rotel Michi stack in 2 days for £2,000 and will pay only £1 not £200 in fees.

My eBook "How to Stay Safe and Get Rich on eBay" is available now. PM me for details*

*it isn't really available, but I can knock one up for you. One information packed page long and £99.99 while stocks last. No returns.

• Haha 2

Ah yes...if I recall, the last sentence reads "if all else fails, send the boys round". :whistle:

Super Wammer
10 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Ah yes...if I recall, the last sentence reads "if all else fails, send the boys round". :whistle:

... in their posing pouches.

• Haha 2