Posted (edited)

prices have been rising on these, so this is a good price for an excellent example of this great amp in fine fettle. Being the last version, the RCA connections and better speaker sockets make integration with non Quad systems a doddle. This will have the last and best sounding issue of the 405-2 boards.

I use one of these regularly and its a lovely sounding amp. If you want to try a vintage Quad, this is a great place to start.

Edited by graham67

Last chance saloon @ £270 before it heads over to that auction site! If you're in the market for one of these, then this is the very one to bag because it's a little cracker!

Bargain for some one and will run for years, especially after service by Quad. I would have this myself if I was in the market for a power amp. Glws

On 05/05/2019 at 23:31, graham67 said:

prices have been rising on these, so this is a good price for an excellent example of this great amp in fine fettle. Being the last version, the RCA connections and better speaker sockets make integration with non Quad systems a doddle. This will have the last and best sounding issue of the 405-2 boards.

I use one of these regularly and its a lovely sounding amp. If you want to try a vintage Quad, this is a great place to start.

Thanks for that!  

It is, quite possibly, one of the best 'original' ones available in the country right now. 

No probs, if i didn't already have two just like this one, i would be after it ☺ 

i agree that not many good serviced and unmolested late 405-2 going atm.  Prices for earlier ones have been on rise so this will be snapped up on ebay