Sign in to follow this  
Gilangelugo

Linn kiko stopped ?

I noticed that Linn Kiko is no longer on Linn's website.  is it removed from the brand catalog?  Does this prefigure a replacement?  soon ?

Super Wammer

I suspect the 3 Kiko buyers won't be in a big rush to change to a replacement  ;)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sunbeamgls said:

I suspect the 3 Kiko buyers won't be in a big rush to change to a replacement  ;)

In its day, the Kiko probably sold what Linn regarded as a reasonable number of units. But that day has gone, especially now that the MDSM sells at the same price point. My Kiko is staying where it is, and will not be replaced any time soon, however.

David

Edited by DavidHB

It's not in the price list anymore either.

With the improvements in DACs of the last couple of years, Linn had to drop the MDSMs asking price, so the Kiko might have become too expensive to make and too difficult to sell.

Obviously equipment doesn't degrade in itself by new offerings, so those 3 owners that Sunbeamgls mentioned will most likely still be very happy with theirs.

I just realised I know who 2 out of those 3 people are.

2 hours ago, Tin said:

I just realised I know who 2 out of those 3 people are.

Mght that not suggest that there are, in fact, more than 3?

David

Just now, DavidHB said:

Mght that not suggest that there are, in fact, more than 3?

David

It's possible.

Another possibility is that the degree of separation for Kikos differ from the degree of separation of Kevin Bacon. As Kikos and Kevin Bacon are inherent different entities I can't rule out the latter.

I also happen to know all my friends, what are the odds for that?

Sign in to follow this