Sign in to follow this  
hifinutt

MSB S200

Hyperion RFC xlr cable included and remote as promised 

48012505357_cf17e524bd_z.jpgP1060589 by , on Flickr

48012505267_0d237bbe89_z.jpgP1060591 by , on Flickr

48012417436_f263bd45a6_z.jpgP1060590 by , on Flickr

some nice BIG focals or wilsons or anything just waiting to be used with this lovely amp 

REDUCED to 3295 

The S200 is a 200W stereo Amplifier built along the same design approach as our world renown M203 monoblocks. Never has so much Class A power been packed into such an amazingly compact and attractive design.

Some amplifiers hold an image together well with multiple instruments playing but were not capable of fully resolving the individual instruments or soundstage. Other amplifiers simply sound wonderful until more than two or three things started happening at once! We even listened to a few amplifiers that seemed to be completely missing notes in low frequencies! The S200 amplifier was designed from the ground up to resolve the well organized and truthful harmonics of the best sources like MSBs own DAC IV series. The dynamics get special attention with a quiet and robust power supply with deep current reserves. The S200 plays music beautifully and will hold a solid image for each instrument especially when the music gets complex and many instruments are going at once, with out being harsh or edgy. It is a Reference Amplifier, and capable of driving the gambit of speakers.

Inputs: True Balanced (XLR), Input Impedance 36kOhm
Single-Ended (RCA), Input Impedance 18kOhm
• Input Sensitivity: 2.15 Vpp 200W (High Gain +34db)
4.3 Vpp @ 200W (Low Gain +28db)
• Max. Linear Input Range: 5 Vpp
• Max. Input Voltage: 20 Vpp
• Transistors: All Bi-Polar
• Damping Factor: 80
• Signal to Noise Ratio: >120 dB
• Power Rating: 200 Watts at 8 Ohms; capable of driving a 2 Ohm load
• Static Power Consumption: 320 Watts
• Filter Capacitance: 249,600 uf
• Common Mode Range: +/- 20 V
• Transformer: Single 1000W Toroidal Transformer
• Dimensions: 17.5″ wide x 12.5″ deep x 8.5″ tall (including feet)
• Weight: 75 LBS
• Control Features:
– Switch for Balanced or Single-ended operation.
– Lighted switch for Standby and Power
– Jack for remote power on and of

• Like 1

Really hope you find a buyer for this, it looks an amazing piece of kit. Surely someone out there is looking for their ‘end game’ amp.

one or two queries about the class of amp , as you see from the msb blurb it says 

The S200 is a 200W stereo Amplifier built along the same design approach as our world renown M203 monoblocks. Never has so much Class A power been packed into such an amazingly compact and attractive design.

i asked daniel gullman the boss of msb to clarify and he said this :

Hello Philip, The input stage is full Class A, with a class A/B output stage.

I once would have been all over this for the sort of price you're asking for Phil.

With my Aloia amp and the grip it gives on my Raidho speakers, I couldn't possibly take a risk snapping this up now.

Someone i am very sure is in for a real treat.

Special amps are surely what you build your system around and it would take a lot of thought (and a reasonable amount of money) to bring out the best of the s200.

It's certainly a blank canvas for a true world class system build for anyone wanting to get a serious set up together. :)

• Like 1

thanks don , yes its just waiting for a great pair of speakers but its summer and everyone is out with the barbies :D 

Wise words from TMD. Keep the faith Phil.

• Like 1