horace

SOLD: Impulse H2

Posted (edited)

SOLD

Nice pair of Impulse H2 in a darkish wood finish.

This particular pair went down very well at Scalford in 2015, I am told, and have had several previous owners here on the wam (so you might recognise them).

The original bass drivers have been replaced by the ones used in the later Ta'us model. They have rubber surrounds (as opposed to the foam surrounds used in the original drivers) so should be good for quite a few years yet.

In very good shape for a 25+ year old pair of speakers. A few minor marks here and there, but nothing dramatic.

Looking and sounding great. It took a pair of Zu Definition 2 to unseat them (and it took me a while to decide which ones to keep).

Apologies for the rubbish photo - I'll upload some decent ones tomorrow.

Price is £800 firm.

EDIT: I could be interested in a swap/PX for a decent network player/streamer or some decent solid state amplification.

Postage is out of the question, I'm afraid, so it will need to be either collection from Northumberland (in which case I will be very happy to demonstrate) or perhaps a meet up/wam taxi arrangement if we can sort it.

I remember promising someone first refusal if I ever decided to sell these, but being the stupid old git that I am, I can't remember who that was. Jog my memory if it was you (and you are still interested) :D.

IMG_20190420_185129 (Large).jpg

IMG_20190421_103959 (Large).jpg

IMG_20190421_103826 (Large).jpg

IMG_20190421_103744 (Large).jpg

IMG_20190421_103713 (Large).jpg

IMG_20190421_103623 (Large).jpg

IMG_20190421_103411 (Large).jpg

Edited by horace

'I remember promising someone first refusal if I ever decided to sell these, but being the stupid old git that I am, I can't remember who that was. Jog my memory if it was you (and you are still interested) :D.'

It may have been me at NEBO,  as much as I'd like to try them,  they ain't gonna fit in my room,  GLWTS:^

39 minutes ago, divedeepdog said:

'I remember promising someone first refusal if I ever decided to sell these, but being the stupid old git that I am, I can't remember who that was. Jog my memory if it was you (and you are still interested) :D.'

It may have been me at NEBO,  as much as I'd like to try them,  they ain't gonna fit in my room,  GLWTS:^

LOL - I am suddenly confronted by the possibility that I might (just possibly) have given first refusal to more than one person. 

On the upside, I'm drinking a lot less than I used to... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Mark D said:

Any other mods to the H2s?

Not much, as far as I know. The tweeters and mids are original, the rear terminals look new(ish) - decent WBT style connectors. One of the previous owners told me he had tidied up the crossovers (using the original parts - the crossovers were crudely put together, I believe). 

Hope that helps. 

Thanks. The crossovers on my H2s  were also "crudely" put together. It was surprising how better they sounded are they were tidied up.

I've added some more photos.

It's as much a matter of making space as it is about money, so I'm open to the possibility of swaps/px.

I don't need any more speakers, but a nice network player/streamer would be on the cards, for example.

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Bargain!,

Edited by marko

10 minutes ago, marko said:

Bargain!!

Thanks - I think so too.

:Tumble:

These were mine, sorely temped to have them back.

The crossovers were originally mounted in the bass horn and were falling apart - bits held on with tape and blutak. I rebuild them on to a board which now includes the speaker terminals. I've probably got a photo somewhere of what they look like.

12 minutes ago, horace said:

:Tumble:

With the odd exception, things do seem to be selling slowly currently.  At this price I am sure you will get a taker sooner rather than later.