The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Aristillus

Vincent V-237 MK amplifier.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:57, paulkebab said:

I also have the SV237 and can vouch for Tarzan's comments. I am in the process of swapping out the tubes in the amp and also the KHV-1 headphone amp, having already fitted Mullard ECC83 in place of the standard 12AX7. 

I believe the MK is identical apart from its own DAC, speaking of which Vincent have just released a new standalone DAC (DAC-7) which I think I will be demo'ing very soon.

What Mullard in the Vincenzo Paul?:geek:

I have an SV236 which I bought ex demo a while back it has the lot : power, punch, depth, soundstage, finesse oh and tone controls!!!

• Like 1

Just now, knaithrover said:

I have an SV236 which I bought ex demo a while back it has the lot : power, punch, depth, soundstage, finesse oh and tone controls!!!

IMG_3115.JPG

1 hour ago, knaithrover said:

IMG_3115.JPG

What are tho speakers? Celestion?

2 hours ago, radiant red said:

What are tho speakers? Celestion?

Hi, yes completely refurbed Ditton 33's

Very nice indeed!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 18:09, Tarzan said:

What Mullard in the Vincenzo Paul?:geek:

ECC83 in place of the 12AX7 and Ive replaced the 6N1P's in the background with Harma's from Watford Valves. The most listenable, cheap and easy upgrade I've ever done and heard. The KHV headamp now has an ECC83 and ECC82 and sounds stunning, I cant decide which sound better, the Oppo PM1 or the Shure 1540 but once I've EQ'd them out they both sound amazing. On certain material the Oppo's wipe the floor with anything I've heard but the Shure's are so easy to live with allll dayyyyyy.

Tone controls AND... a LOUDNESS button no messin'.

Edited by paulkebab
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 18:33, knaithrover said:

For under £2K I have only demo'd the Cambridge 851 combo, very capable but missing the low-level detail of the Vincent. It's an amazing piece of kit and yummy to look at too!

Edited by paulkebab

On 21/04/2019 at 21:07, rabski said:

Green, blue and red lights combined. They've forgotten to wrap the tinsel round it.

I want one

Hello,

This question is geared towards anyone who might have some experience with this.

I am currently evaluating a Vincent SV-500, I am wondering how much difference there might be with sound between the SV-500 and SV-237MK ?

I know there is a difference in power output but I wonder if the SV-237MK sounds much much better or just a little better then the SV-500?

Thanks

Why do you think the 237 is better than the 500 ? is the 500 not a higher model ? what do you think of the sv 500 , there was a good review in hi fi critic not so long ago 

@hifinutt,

I would consider the SV-500 a lower model compared to the SV-237MK, even though they are within different lines in the Vincent Audio Group.

The 237 puts out more power and is much more expensive then the 500 and that is why I was wondering if it sounds much better. Maybe it does not, I have not experienced it yet.

With that being said, I am enjoying the SV-500 and think it sounds really good.

But the curiosity of the 237 intrigues me.

The 500 is from the power line series and the 237 is from the tube line series. Despite the fact both are hybrids, the tube line uses higher grade components but the current range from Vincent is huge and the choice is bigger than the Mercedes car range lol.

all are excellent in their categories and I have to say that they cover all tastes of presentation. 

My preference is tube line as it offers the best sonic performance in its price range however the SP-331MK is a stonkingly awesome power amp

• Like 1

If the SV-237 is a significant upgrade over the SV-500, then I may have to get that one.

10 hours ago, jay73 said:

If the SV-237 is a significant upgrade over the SV-500, then I may have to get that one.

Given the very short time I had to play with the models, the tube line offers more texture and realism if that makes sense. I recall using them with Harbeth so I cannot comment on alternative speakers