Jester 7

Sat 8th June, Oxfordshire Bake Off; M4 Jn8/9, Henley on Thames RG9 2AR

Super Wammer

Have a great day guys. Plenty of photos please :)

Super Wammer

Initial set up has taken place, more photos to follow later...2027D5A8-7B14-4793-B29F-C9CDFE4A4B31.thumb.jpeg.fb5d58142fa24e1d7fbd74ce2121db2b.jpeg

:cool:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, orbscure said:

Initial set up has taken place, more photos to follow later...

Brilliant ! And looking forward to hearing peoples thoughts on the day and proceedings. Have fun you lucky lot :^

And I see a set of SBL's as well in the background there, don't tell me someones brought an old school Naim system for battle :)

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, orbscure said:

Initial set up has taken place

What are those speakers Pete ?

Edited by Bazzer

Super Wammer

They’re Elipson PF14BT actives with a 10” sub Barry ;-)

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

F1F25DCC-B3D1-4C4B-9B4B-ECCC138389BD.thumb.jpeg.168ddbd1a8ae14b8c9a2ead72ade16fb.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Kiethy will be happy... blindfolds at the ready :nuts:

D74DCFFC-B5A8-46F6-B222-769565141ECF.thumb.jpeg.f24a227b83661620a126129f74792eb9.jpeg

29C44990-E19E-4B59-B59D-11315E30BAF0.thumb.jpeg.3e335652d1557c281649ce9e8d11b9b4.jpeg

Edited by orbscure
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
38 minutes ago, deggie said:

Better measure those ???????? 9_9

Damn, I left me tape measure at home xD

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Last two images from me...

9AAAF79F-E360-44C4-93A5-BE231BE5180F.thumb.jpeg.720d6400e3879ac6ba0273529095dd5b.jpeg

AC83AC8C-5F4C-4FBA-8732-A58237728A98.thumb.jpeg.45c389656707c9d18991a8dcac8397ab.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks to Chris and grandson for organising and running this fun day. It was great to put some faces to names on the Wam. 

• Like 1

Yeah cheers guys. Was nice to meet up with like minded idiots Wammers and listen to some good sounds

• Like 1

A massive thank you to Chris for hosting this event. Even if the cable blind test was more the blind leading the blind... :D

It was great putting faces to forum names and hearing different kit. A great venue and hopefully you'll host another in the near future after getting over lugging all that kit back home again.

Top Wammin!

And once again it has been confirmed by many...... my musical tastes are somewhat dubious!

Thanks also to Julian for top chaueffering.

Cheers all...

Ade

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Thank you Chris for a great day you did a fantastic job organising it, hope you had such a good time that you do another I would love to come again. 

Also to all the guys thank you for making a girl welcome I really enjoyed meeting you all and will see you all again either in Henley and or other BO’s in the future. 

Jessica xx

• Like 1

Thanks to Chris for organising a great day with lots of help from Jason.

You certainly took on the challenge and the amount of audio equipment you brought was comprehensive with, in effect, three audio systems. Phew.

The day got off to a great start with the Krell KPS20i/l (what a cracker!!) feeding the active Elipson speakers and a 250mm sub. They have a Class D in the left speaker and feed power to the right speaker. They did a great job of filling what was a large room and are well below 2000 Euros.

The TT challenge of LP12 vs Brinkman was a little unfair on the Linn as it had not been fettled for decades and whilst some are overly paranoid about Linn bounce, not tweaking it for so many years was not ideal. I suspect it would be much closer with a tip-top nice bounce LP12.

And then the star of the show the Kiiis and BXTs stepped up to the plate. They had no problems filling the room and we had some real weight and bass to the sound. But no great surprise there.

The blind single/double-blind test was a bit of fun and I suspect it went the way they always do, inconclusive compared what you can do under more relaxed conditions. But hey it added to the day.

I was hoping to hear the Krell 250 driving the SBLs and there was a lovely Vitus Class A there as well, but we had a surfeit of riches and I felt for the guys who brought a lot of stuff that never got played including my poor AN 4.1x DAC. But such is life.

Jessica, I really liked your design of a phono stage that sounded rather good.

The pub/hotel was great and having room service was great and the cakes disappeared rather quickly!

So once again Chris bloody well done and I hope you got your plane today......

• Like 3