Jester 7

Sat 8th June, Oxfordshire Bake Off; M4 Jn8/9, Henley on Thames RG9 2AR

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Still trying to decide whether to bring the Brinkmann Bardo, to give your LP12 some compitition, or the Lector CDP7 to pit against your Krell. Seeing as how everyone else is bringing either DACs or phonostages someone has to challenge the sources. 

Bring them both John :D

Super Wammer
13 hours ago, Lurch said:

Still trying to decide whether to bring the Brinkmann Bardo, to give your LP12 some compitition, or the Lector CDP7 to pit against your Krell. Seeing as how everyone else is bringing either DACs or phonostages someone has to challenge the sources. 

Lurch, I have  space for 3 vinyl spinners on my 3 Townshend pneumatic equipment racks.

So plenty of space if you want to bring both. . . . 

Super Wammer
13 hours ago, meninblack said:

OK if I pop in?  I am no distance away (High Wycombe)

Hi meninblack you are more than welcome.  I have added your name to the guest list.

Super Wammer
On 24/05/2019 at 20:49, Millennium said:

yeeeeep ((mm))

I might need to modify my plans - Aurora is doing a signing and event at Rough Trade the same day doors 6:30pm London E1 (check her twitter you just need to preorder The CD) so in the end, I may actually miss this one. Also 'FrankD' did not reply. If you would not mind a few pics and some thoughts and convo (really enjoyed the thread after keggy but didn't post) that would be cool. Looks like with journey times - what do you think? I am not in the best of minds maybe both are possible with trains?

I would want to be in E1 for 6:30pm. I bought the CD - Album 2 part 2411.99

Hi Millenium,

The trains are excellent and can easily get you back to E1 for 6.30pm . . 

For example leaving Ealing Broadway at 09.50 arriving Henley 10.50 

Return say 15.53 arrive Ealing Broadway 16.49 . . .   

Off peak day return ticket is £14.80.

This gives you  1hr 40 mins to get from Ealing Broadway to E1 - which should be plenty of time.

The bake off looks very promising with loads of high end equipment, many very experienced Wammers and CAKE !!! - should be a great day all round.

Bye the way, there will also be unlimited coffee and/or tea all day.

Please let me know if you would like a lift from Henley station?

Hi

What do you recommend for parking ? I suppose the hotel car park will be full if they are fully booked ?  

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, zeta4 said:

Hi

What do you recommend for parking ? I suppose the hotel car park will be full if they are fully booked ?  

Parking information for everyone . .

There are 2 large car parks nearby (150 yards?), with plenty of parking: -

The Kings Road car park (340 spaces)= RG9 2DG

The Greys Road car park (147 spaces) =  RG9 2FA

Cost for above is £1.60 for 3 hours and free after 3pm on Saturday. (will accept contactless credit card payments).

Longer time parking is available at Southfields (off Goodall Close) about 200 yards -  (55 spaces) £2.20 for 5 hours - £3.20 for 8 hours  RG9 1BJ

For unloading Hi-Fi equipment, please drive carefully into the gap in the wall  at the Catherine Wheel marked "Hotel Entrance" into the back yard.

Phone me 07723376622 to let you past the lift up barrier.   

After unloading please can you exit the small Hotel car park (residents only), and park in one of the car parks above?

Best - Chris

I fancy popping in, as I am only down the road. Won't be bringing anything except maybe some music.

Cheers Lee

Super Wammer
51 minutes ago, lilolee said:

I fancy popping in, as I am only down the road. Won't be bringing anything except maybe some music.

Cheers Lee

Hi  lilolee,  You are very welcome.  I have added you to the guest list.  

Super Wammer

John has kindly offered me a lift as he has a spare seat, so is it okay if I come along with him?

Super Wammer
40 minutes ago, Speedracer said:

John has kindly offered me a lift as he has a spare seat, so is it okay if I come along with him?

Hi Speedracer, the more the merrier - you are very welcome.  I have added your name to the guest list.  Chris

On 26/05/2019 at 21:36, Lurch said:

My phonostage says it has to keep the Brinkmann company 😎

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, mayebaza said:

My phonostage says it has to keep the Brinkmann company 😎

Does it now. Well you tell it, it doesn't get to take miss Bardo home afterwards, Bridget is very particular about such things. 😝

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Super Wammer

Unfortunately I have to now work on Saturday, so will have to miss this bake off. Wishing all attendees a great time, and sorry to be missing it.:(