Jester 7

Sat 8th June, Oxfordshire Bake Off; M4 Jn8/9, Henley on Thames RG9 2AR

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

My first bake off, of many to come.  I have had some advice from Lurch how to set this up, so hopefully we will keep everyone happy.

On Saturday 8th June from 11am till late say 7pm?   

Due to having a small house, I have access to a big ground floor room 5M x 10M in the local PUB, ideal if you want to bring some BIG and loud speakers.

Lots of Snacks and Drink provided, plus cheap drinks from the Pub. (overnight rooms available, if too stoned to drive home).

Space for about 20 bodies plus any equipment you want to bring.  Easy access and nearby unlimited parking.

Happy to bring your music, your kit and swap in place of, or add onto  . . .

I will be having a Digital vs Analogue Bake Off theme - so bring your best of both and see which gets the public vote?

Looking forward to a great time meeting fellow Wig-Wammer's and chatting about anything Hi-Fi or otherwise . . . 

Attendees: -

Lurch

Lawrence 001 (+ friend?)

George 47

Mayebazza

Baggawire

Parcelmonkey

Joolz

Orbscure

ithilstone + guest

GLB

zeta4

FrankD

Jessica_k

Millennium

lilolee

Mr Underhill

ian917

Equipment: -

Kii3 + BXT active digital speakers

Linn Exact DSM Digital Streamer

Krell KPS 20 iL CD player

Krell KSA 250 Amp 85 lbs classic beast

Linn LP12 with Ekos arm and Troika Cartridge.

Townshend Seismic Sink Equipment Racks

PS Audio Phono/Digital MC amp.

Elipson PF14BT Active speakers with 10 inch sub. (a surprising performance)

Naim SBL

Lots of esoteric cables, toslink and other hi-fi tweaks . . .

Guest Equipment: -

Turntable Tron                                                                                            Lurch

Phono MFA                                                                                                  Lurch

CD Lector CDP                                                                                            Lurch

Audionote DAC and preamp                                                                     Georeg47

Nord power amp.                                                                                        Georeg47

DCS Bridge                                                                                                  George47

2 Mains extension Power Blocks                                                             George47

Vitus Audio SS010 Mkll integrated amp                                                 parcelmonkey

PS audio directstream dac,                                                                       Joolz

Herron and Rabski's pre-amp                                                                    Joolz

Gordon Wellford pre-amp                                                                           Joolz

NVA Cube1s speakers and cable and stands.                                        ithilstone

Analog part would be NVA TAS (the analogue statement) with a BBPSU (big bastard power supply),  ithilstone

Digital would be smallest of the small Hifiman R2R2000 as a DAC
all connected to BMU                                                                                   ithilstone

Starlight discrete r2r dac                                                                             zeta4

Custom Phono stage                                                                                   Jessica_k

Audionote 2.1 DAC                                                                                       Mr Underhill

Edited by Jester 7
Update
  • Like 2

Super Wammer

Yes please Chris. 

As for kit, happy to bring my TT, and phono (Tron + MFA) or the Lector CDP, will decide later once we've chatted at my BO. 

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

I'm up for this, if there are rooms available to stay overnight. I can bring my Oppo dac or EE minimax phono.

Do we need details of the pub for accommodation ? Or will it be sorted? 

Edited by greybeard

Is it near a station? If so I would love to come please, I just need to check if I can leave the kids for the weekend :)

Super Wammer
7 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

Is it near a station? If so I would love to come please, I just need to check if I can leave the kids for the weekend :)

Station doesn't look too far away and I'm sure a pick up could be sorted nearer the time. 

Count me in. I can bring an Audionote DAC and preamp and Nord power amp.

Posted (edited)

If I am fit and able by then I would like to attend. 

Edited by GJO

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, greybeard said:

I'm up for this, if there are rooms available to stay overnight. I can bring my Oppo dac or EE minimax phono.

Do we need details of the pub for accommodation ? Or will it be sorted? 

Hi Greybeard,  Yes you are on the guest list.  I am asking the pub if I can reserve any rooms they have left as they are showing fully booked on the web.  I will let you know . . 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:

Hi Lawrence,  You are very welcome.  Yes the nearest station is Henley on Thames about 500 meters flat walk, or we can give you a lift, or a Taxi from Reading station is £15 from Henley Taxis.

Lawrence001

Count me in please 

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, George 47 said:

Count me in. I can bring an Audionote DAC and preamp and Nord power amp.

You are on the list.  Your Audionote DAC and preamp and Nord power amp are all very welcome . .

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, GJO said:

If I am fit and able by then I would like to attend. 

Hi GJO hope your ailments are not too serious.  you are more than welcome. 

Super Wammer
9 minutes ago, mayebaza said:

Count me in please 

Thanks for joining in, Mayebazza .You are on the list . . .

Super Wammer
31 minutes ago, Christopher de Hoedt said:

Hi Greybeard,  Yes you are on the guest list.  I am asking the pub if I can reserve any rooms they have left as they are showing fully booked on the web.  I will let you know . . 

Hi again Greybeard,  Just our luck, there is a function on that night locally so the Pub is fully booked.  But there are lots of Airbnb, guest houses and hotels in town and nearby.  We can arrange transport if you need it.  Just let me know what you need?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Christopher de Hoedt said:

Hi Lawrence,  You are very welcome.  Yes the nearest station is Henley on Thames about 500 meters flat walk, or we can give you a lift, or a Taxi from Reading station is £15 from Henley Taxis.

Lawrence001

Thanks Chris, it sounds like you've gone to a lot of effort for your first bake off (it will my first one attended too!) so I really hope to be able to attend. I'll confirm soon. I should have some interesting small items I can bring too.

Edited by Lawrence001