forgot-my-id

Wanted - bloody good speakers for little dosh

16 minutes ago, forgot-my-id said:

temporarily taken leave of my password, cant be expected to remember everything.

This is a simple pot luck thread, see what people suggest. If I name a price some of you will suggest things about that figure, I dont have a want-to-spend number,  I have a want very good for my ears. 

Some great suggestions so far. Lets go up in size, big standmounts or proper floorstanders, must do proper bass, also must do mid- and top- properly as well. I cant stand sibilant shrieky tweeters. Theres bound to be lots out there I've never heard, open to ideas

Not playing (hear the rest of the Wam heave a sigh of relief) ..  there is insufficient criteria .. I considered my Impressions to be a bargain even though I almost needed a second mortgage to pay for them.  I could have spent more but my wife fell in love with them and so that was that :D 

Super Wammer

jas orior grand.repaired cosmetic knock so lower cost

Super Wammer

Sorry but not going to make any further suggestions . Do your own home work .

• Upvote 3

u_10185749.jpg

This will be perfect for you :roll:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I like the look of big 1970s standmounts, not many moderns about, mega-bucks Harbeth+Spendor, Sonus Faber perhaps. All too much dosh for the sound

I suppose its propbly going to be a medium to large floorstander to get the full sound. Could spend a grand, would much rather someone said - xyz- is a bargain because......

Try these for size https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goodmans-Dimension-8-Bi-directional-Loudspeaker-System-in-very-good-condition/233195349992?hash=item364b86a7e8:g:z80AAOSwI7ZcbuzL  one of the most interesting designs and should keep you occupied for the next umpteen years working out the best placement.  God knows what they sound like (but those who have them swear by them I think or maybe at them) but they are a very interesting design and in good condition are to my eyes good to look at.  For a couple of hundred quid if the wife was to take a long holiday I would get a pair just to see what the hell they were all about 

:sofa:

• Sad 1

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 22:05, forgot-my-id said:

Top quality, or close to, large, full bass, the lot. Budget low. Can spend dont want to. Any suggestions ? 

Define 'budget low' could mean a lot of things.

IMHO, these seem like excellent VfM...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONITOR-AUDIO-GS20-LOUDSPEAKERS/264204284603?hash=item3d83cd72bb:g:pugAAOSwsGpcFtuK

But then I would say that. :D

However, if you didn't like them you could easily sell on with little loss.