What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

After a long run with my primare pre and having recently sworn allegiance to the owners club I was then swayed  by this Audionet pre with EPS on ebay, all settled in now and it's a lovely thing, just need to get over that nagging feeling that I've betrayed an old friend... bit of a tidy up and an evening of music & beer is helping....

59bd6f6a019bf_hifi1.thumb.jpg.4734f72a0598400c0189859becfaa986.jpg59bd6f6ce861f_hifi3.thumb.jpg.8c2b364144dded836f6879925fed8ffe.jpg59bd6f6b6a318_hifi2.thumb.jpg.d1aba9b906f0265b03cf73ca4047bfb5.jpg59bd6f688af1e_hifi4.thumb.jpg.f0bc53e116f5bca1e0d1c337398d35e1.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Old Git said:

Thanks for that :^ Safe to assume that it's only the more obscure titles that you're having trouble with when it comes to importing cover art? Also, on average, how long is it taking to rip cd's?

Unfortunately, most of my music is obscure. I have about 30 albums by one favourite; Tidal had two!  Ripping takes just a few minutes (x16, IIRC), but I have to set to manual or it just won't eject.

Project, Marantz & Kef:

002_zpspmrzlqub.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Project, Marantz & Kef:

002_zpspmrzlqub.jpg

Looks a good un.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wizmax said:

Looks a good un.

Not sure about the light?

4 minutes ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Not sure about the light?

Perhaps this might be more appropriate c0571.gif.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Having moved from a 2 bed house to a small flat I have had to store my 5 way horn system that some of you will remember from Scalford a few years back (I was in Coleman), and revert to a simple reflex, 3 way box speakers.

The speakers are Antal Mark 1 and have proved very well suited to the Megahertz DIY EL34 SE amp I have in at the moment.

The front end is my 40 y.o. Cranfield Rock (the early one that closely resembles the Rock Reference rather than the Elite or Townsend Rock). The Rock has an Alphason HR100MCS fitted and Ive gone back to my Cadenza Blue (from an AT33PTG). This sounds good but Iwouldnt recommend the Alphason actually for Rocks because of the way the armtube continues on into the headshell which disallows the arm damping attachment from going on top of the headshell where it needs to go if you have a shallow cart. (The 'outrigger' then settles on the trough before the stylus reaches the record surface. It bottoms out. The Cadenzas are deep and hence the outrigger can fit underneath the headshell and the stylus will make it to the vinyl playing surface.)

A Welborne hybrid clone phono stage plus Partridge SUT and Basie (modded) DIY pre complete the set up.

I didnt have great expectations this would get anywhere near the horns but with only 4 metres of speaker cable a side instead of 50(as the horns were 5 way actives and the cable was 10m long per level for big rooms and venues)I could afford some better cable (Tellurium Q Black as opposed to a mix of Silver Anni and Pro Audio Blue cable).  That has helped to bridge the gap between the speakers. Food for thought for some of you cable sceptics out there.

No more plans to upgrade - its a well balanced system. (I would consider Batteredhaggis's Revel Gems which I borrowed for Scalford this year but I dont think they are going anywhere..)

Jack NSM

My workshop  shed den :) system

37156362862_901b1b1386_c.jpg

Edited by Bazzer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

:nup:  That's not a proper shed or workshop. There's no sawdust, paint or gunge. Unless it's where you do your crocheting and embroidered doilies ;-). It's been a long time since I said "Hello Tosh, got a Toshiba". I also see the Pioneers, but I can't make out the speakers. Very nice BTW.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
13 hours ago, Bazzer said:

My workshop shed system

love it, bet it sounds good actually

On 9/17/2017 at 19:48, Sgt Pepper said:

Project, Marantz & Kef:

002_zpspmrzlqub.jpg

Only mono play back then? ;-)

13 hours ago, jkbmusic said:

That's not a proper shed or workshop

Its officially a workshop but no work goes on , den is a better word for it :cool:

Speakers are Dali Zensor 1's

3 hours ago, Maverick said:

love it, bet it sounds good actually

Yep it sounds excellent , the Toshiba SD-9500E  is a bit of a luxury in the shed but its surplus and I don't want to sell it , mint condition . I cover the whole lot with a sheet when not in use. I've no doubt posted this shot of the Tosh before , I believe they were £2400 when new back in the day.

24699214001_3ccfd2e6a8_c.jpg

Super Wammer
17 hours ago, Bazzer said:

My workshop  shed den :) system

37156362862_901b1b1386_c.jpg

Another mono setup eh? Stereo is SO last year :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, freefallrob said:

Only mono play back then? ;-)

Baz had to sell one of his kidneys to buy this system. He's saving up for the other. I think his wife is worried she's next :nerves:.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Old Git said:

Another mono setup eh? Stereo is SO last year :D

You just don't know what you've been missing :P

• Haha 1