What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

Super Wammer
Picked up a Thorens TD124 from Jack (BD Audio) this afternoon. It's gorgeous, and I now have my two favourite Swiss machines in the system for the first time! Looking to make this a keeper long term, so will be getting a good arm and cart to finish it all off nicely.

Jack's system sounded fabulous during my visit. Those Tune Animas are absolutely fantastic speakers!

EC7F60F0-228E-49CD-9CD0-0987B0E74954_zpsmbk1qlez.jpg

Pure class Greg - lovely system.

Beautiful Thorens. I think that arm looks gorgeous. Is it really in need of changing?

That is a stunning Thorens TT Greg! I love your set up! Hope to hear it sometime.

Haven't got a cart set up with it yet, but when I have you're welcome to drop in.

Looking good Greg :^

love that room too p2an

Pure class Greg - lovely system.

Thanks chaps, just a few more small changes and that'll be it for a long while, I hope.

Beautiful Thorens. I think that arm looks gorgeous. Is it really in need of changing?

It's the original arm so does suit the deck visually, but it won't take different headshells and I'd like to try an SPU with this deck. Maybe an old SME 3009 S2 or the new M2-9R would be better in that case.

Change again to my desktop system ;-)

Managed to bag a pair of brand new but unwanted Wharfedale Diamond 220's off the Bay of E and they sound brilliant straight out of the box. A bit tight yet, but they'll soon loosen up with some Massive Attack through them, maybe some Mantovani to work their tweeters a bit haha :D

The BX1's were lovely little speakers; but having had them plugged in and a bit of cable swapping for a side by side comparison for an hour or so, the Diamond 220's just do it better IMO

A few pictures:

IMG_20160413_125008_zpsh3rlgwfl.jpg

The Monitor Audio A100 amp (really impressed with this; great sound and overall functionality, plus with it being able to be stood up, it takes up little room on my desk):

IMG_20160413_124956_zpslcfvnghd.jpg

IMG_20160413_124948_zps6jhrm1vb.jpg

IMG_20160413_124943_zpszrke8gbu.jpg

The 220's have a downward firing port as well that vents between the speaker base and it's plinth and I'm very impressed with it... The BX1's 'chuffed' a little even though they were well away from the window behind, when pushed a bit, but the 220's haven't done that and seem to have much better control with bass...

Saying that; for their size, the BX1's are surprising and great little speakers and bag a punch!!!

Today I am mainly listening to Avalon Avatars. Liking these a lot :)

System%200416%201200x800_zpsvdtrsyfj.jpg

When is the next bake off? And please try and keep them until then.

Look nice Nick, are they keepers?

When is the next bake off? And please try and keep them until then.

Trying to find a free weekend Edd. Will sort something but its likely to be a couple of months away.

Look nice Nick, are they keepers?

Haha never say never :D I do hope so. They are sealed cabinets which is a big bonus for my room.

Super Wammer

Very nice and they were a bloody good price as well! Your second system is looking better and better

Hiya, I'm new here but I'd just thought I'd contribute with what I have going for me!

At the apartment in London, I have a vintage Harman Kardon 930 hooked up to a pair of KEF 104aBs. The two units on top of the 930 will be explained later, but hooked up to that headphone amp is a pair of DiY cans I made for myself a while back.

[ATTACH]14729[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14730[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14731[/ATTACH]

I've also got another rig at the old boarding school I'm putting together. That's a Rotel RX-802, a DACMagic and then a Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon on top and it's just waiting for a pair of Tannoy DTM-8s I scored the other day.

[ATTACH]14732[/ATTACH]

577e72b77c926_photo1.jpg.24006c48fdee678

577e72b783060_photo2.jpg.30e8dbaa5e8c973

20160302_161838.jpg.57706353feb5a6e845a4

577e72b78f58b_photo(8).jpg.2fadb37445904

Hiya, I'm new here but I'd just thought I'd contribute with what I have going for me!

At the apartment in London, I have a vintage Harman Kardon 930 hooked up to a pair of KEF 104aBs. The two units on top of the 930 will be explained later, but hooked up to that headphone amp is a pair of DiY cans I made for myself a while back.

Those 'cans' look very interesting! I did not even know one could DIY headphones. I'll bet there is quite a story behind them :->

Those 'cans' look very interesting! I did not even know one could DIY headphones. I'll bet there is quite a story behind them :->

Haha yes there is! In short, they use planar-magnetic driver units, but the magnets are from an old Fostex T20v2 and the diaphragms are from an old T10 so it's rather similar to frankenstein really. The cups are hand-turned by myself using wood from an old fabric factory and the headband is stolen from some old fleabay can I got for cheap. Twas my first attempt but it's a labour of love and I quite enjoy the result :)