What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

Nice shot and TT Matt.....F1.8 ?

Thanks ....and it was f3.2 with the Fuji XF16mm, which seems to be glued onto the camera atm

We just moved into a new place and I got the bonus of a fantastic audio room. I have owned my big ADAM's for coming up to 7 yrs but they have never had room to breathe like this. Sounds staggeringly awesome, ordered a test tones CD so I can Eq a bass suckout and then the neighbours better watch out :)

SFG14662a_zpskbnmoeru.jpg

Holy shit! That room! :notworthy:

Also love the framed 'Shape Of Punk To Come'. Refused were absolutely my favourite band growing up. I was about 15 when I first heard them and developed an obsession with the band. The Marxist sentiments and that amazing sound deeply appealed to the young me.

When they reformed, their first gig was played in their home town. But the gig was to happen on the day I was getting married. I considered the possibility of a wedding in the AM and then a flight and rocking out in the PM... But it never happened. Well the wedding happened but the flight to Sweden didn't.

But my obsession with them has somewhat diminished since I was 15. They actually played here in Glasgow just a few weeks ago. I'd longed to see them live when I was young. As teenagers me and my friend always talked about how amazing it would have been to see them live. But I had conflicting feelings about them reforming and decided not to attend the gig. Work and a young family also factored into the decision I suppose. But instead, in the evening when I got home from work, I listened to Shape Of Punk To Come and reflected on the simpler times of being a teenager. In strange way I was happy I didn't go to the gig...

I've been on here a while now, and bought and sold a few bits and bobs so thought it was probably time to share my system with the forum. It isn't as impressive as a lot on here, but I am really happy with it and the addition of a wall mounted turntable shelf has made a massive difference. It also means that I am no longer limited to very narrow speakers, so when i come to upgrade that will probably be the area I change next.

IMG_1134_zpse3zrreqy.jpg

IMG_1135_zps0ejp8bcs.jpg

Nice system, good quantity of records there and top photos. :^ I can see why anyone would be happy with it.

Thanks, Stephen. As happy as I am, I find it hard not to be on the constant look out for upgrades, and have to remind myself that any money spent on hi-fi means less money to spend on records!

Nice system, good quantity of records there and top photos. :^ I can see why anyone would be happy with it.

Also a superb LP placed in a subtle manner to the left of the turntable.:^:notworthy:

Super Wammer

This week, the starting of a new project, a ready built pair of DIY Actives (2-way based on Seas drivers built by Simon on PFM), I have grand plans for these but doing well so far.....

26299195536_3da031d510_c.jpg

IMGP2338 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

We just moved into a new place and I got the bonus of a fantastic audio room. I have owned my big ADAM's for coming up to 7 yrs but they have never had room to breathe like this. Sounds staggeringly awesome, ordered a test tones CD so I can Eq a bass suckout and then the neighbours better watch out :)

SFG14662a_zpskbnmoeru.jpg

Holy shit! That room! :notworthy:

Also love the framed 'Shape Of Punk To Come'. Refused were absolutely my favourite band growing up. I was about 15 when I first heard them and developed an obsession with the band. The Marxist sentiments and that amazing sound deeply appealed to the young me.

When they reformed, their first gig was played in their home town. But the gig was to happen on the day I was getting married. I considered the possibility of a wedding in the AM and then a flight and rocking out in the PM... But it never happened. Well the wedding happened but the flight to Sweden didn't.

But my obsession with them has somewhat diminished since I was 15. They actually played here in Glasgow just a few weeks ago. I'd longed to see them live when I was young. As teenagers me and my friend always talked about how amazing it would have been to see them live. But I had conflicting feelings about them reforming and decided not to attend the gig. Work and a young family also factored into the decision I suppose. But instead, in the evening when I got home from work, I listened to Shape Of Punk To Come and reflected on the simpler times of being a teenager. In strange way I was happy I didn't go to the gig...

Fantastic story on Refused and what that album means to you. I could tell similar story's about a band that hit me hard when I was a similar age to you - RATM. Except if they did reform and Zach could be bothered to show up I would definitely be there will bells on. Did you check out Refuseds new album? I didn't as I share a similar sentiment to yours on them, Shape was so genre breaking and of a place and time that anything that follows could not possibly measure up.

Cheers

10 years after having the LV Auditoriums on home demo for about a month when I lived in Amsterdam I now finally committed to a pair of Avatar 2s.

26104110820_ed056dda4c_c.jpgUntitled by james webb, on Flickr

10 years after having the LV Auditoriums on home demo for about a month when I lived in Amsterdam I now finally committed to a pair of Avatar 2s.

Congratulations James, are they ebony finish?

love to see the room in daylight, the lamps excellent too... :)

Looks lovely James, I would like to see a daylight pic too and also wonder where you got the lamp. I need something similar.

Source:

Guleek i8 Windows 10 mini pc + Oyen Digital external HDD + Logitech wireless keyboard

Mediaplayer software:

Albumplayer ( www.albumplayer.com )

Room Correction:

Dirac Live RCS (www.dirac.com )

Main speakers:

KEF X300A active with USB input, modified with subwoofer outputs ( www.sunaudio.com )

Subwoofer:

SVS SB-1000 12" sealed ( www.svsound.com )

I am using this (very compact) system in a small 20 m2 room, listening distance appr. 2.5 mtr, a real pleasure.

Hello AJ, thanks for that.

See you've been around a while, despite the low post count.

That strikes me as a small but very nicely formed small room system. :^

I see the website says "full range RCA (sub) outputs" from the SunAudio X300A, so where's the crossover?

Super Wammer

Lovely system and excellent photo :^