The site will be out of service again for further upgrades regarding security fixes. Work will be carried out between 4.30am and 5.30am tomorrow morning. We apologise for the inconvenience.

What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

2 hours ago, Lurch said:

Err..... Rather good, but am sure she will sound even better once Dave has interfered with her on Sunday afternoon. 

Hopefully after his tweaking it will not sound like a certain Bridget the Midget - Queen of the Blues :)

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

1098369890_fingerbobs_41.jpg.e7514a5a47e0e4fcb4ffce92ecd7b747.jpg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Just joined! Been trying to find “my” forum and tried some other forums but not found one in the same geography or that I can properly relate to yet...

Listening mainly to vinyl, my first love, but also CDs sometimes, or internet radio.

So, for analogue, a Goldring 1042 cart, RB 300 arm, Nottingham Analogue Interspace TT, Aragon 24K pre, chord cobra, Aragon Iridium monoblocks, Esoteric Audio speaker cabling - Premier and Signature (biwired), Usher Mini Dancer 1 diamond DMD, Mordaunt Short sub.

Add a Marantz CD80 optically through an Aragon D2A, Audioquest Ruby for digital.

And Apple TV for remote radio from the iPad.

Yes, some bits quite old now, but I fall in love with the sound again every time I switch it on...

Edited by Spencerfrater
  • Like 4

After a lot of ins and outs since October and then a huge clear out , my current "permanent" set up .

The Denon has Spotify Connect and Internet Radio built in , the OPPO has a BT box connected , a HD drive (FLAC ) and is wired to a Panasonic 42" HDTV via HDMI , both units are connected to a BT hub via ethernet . The Ortofon Quintet Bronze MC is connected direct to the Yamaha's built in phono stage . Speakers are Acoustic Energy 305 .

46644342504_2877b79b8a_c.jpg

15413867140_9699a4faea_z.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Super Wammer

Added a Rega Saturn (still not decided on yet) and the start of some room treatment.

47272882582_587229d240_c.jpg

System by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

47272883492_4542995fdd_c.jpg

Rega Saturn by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

• Like 2

Super Wammer
21 hours ago, Bazzer said:

The Ortofon Quintet Bronze MC is connected direct to the Yamaha's built in phono stage

How are you finding the Quintet Barry?

or was it another tempting advert? :D

A bit of a moody shot but just about finished now -

IMG_20190313_203326.thumb.jpg.b5f22c5c6182a8880acdfd6096a3b3dc.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

A bit of a moody shot but just about finished now -

IMG_20190313_203326.thumb.jpg.b5f22c5c6182a8880acdfd6096a3b3dc.jpg

Evening Mike,

I’ve sent you a few pms and emails about my purchase of the adc cart and you’re not replying. Not like you at all mate, what’s going on please?

6 minutes ago, lordmortlock said:

Evening Mike,

I’ve sent you a few pms and emails about my purchase of the adc cart and you’re not replying. Not like you at all mate, what’s going on please?

Hi Jake,

Haven't seen the e-mails at all and just received a pm from you now.

I had a bit of a relapse (still not great and haven't been out of the house for weeks), but the cart is all boxed up and ready to go.

I'll try to get it to you to this weekend, otherwise I'll refund.

Cheers

Mike

Very weird - defo using your email address! 

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear you’re not feeling great, be brill if you could keep me in touch 👍🏼

On 13/03/2019 at 11:43, Bazzer said:

After a lot of ins and outs since October and then a huge clear out , my current "permanent" set up .

The Denon has Spotify Connect and Internet Radio built in , the OPPO has a BT box connected , a HD drive (FLAC ) and is wired to a Panasonic 42" HDTV via HDMI , both units are connected to a BT hub via ethernet . The Ortofon Quintet Bronze MC is connected direct to the Yamaha's built in phono stage . Speakers are Acoustic Energy 305 .

46644342504_2877b79b8a_c.jpg

15413867140_9699a4faea_z.jpg

Nice set up, I used to have the 305's and wish I'd kept them.......

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, knaithrover said:

I used to have the 305's and wish I'd kept them.......

I'm glad I did , they have been replace a couple of times and mothballed but keep coming back , they just work with any kit change .

I Have been meaning to get myself some floor standing speakers for some time but nothing really appealed to me, that is until i heard the new kef r series, lovely speakers.

IMG_2513.JPG

• Like 1

Source-clearaudio concept with mcru Power supply. Marantz cd6000ose CD player. 

Amp-Sonneteer Orton mk2 

phono stage-heed Quasar + psu 

speakers Proac D1 on Partington super dreadnoughts. 

Cables all Jps Labs. 

Happy chappy. 

image.jpg

• Like 1