What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

Looking good Rob , are you pleased with them ?

Super Wammer
8 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Looking good Rob , are you pleased with them ?

Yeah, they are exeptional speakers but a fair bit different to the Rega R9 so a bit of getting used to, the R9s are sitting upstairs in the games room for the moment. The Cursa/Maia seems to be doing OK at the moment given it seems you can't have too much power with these. They can certainly rock when they want to!

Had the lid off my new dac, AUDIO-GD NFB 1.38 to change the filter settings (done with jumpers) so thought I'd post a pic - definitely seems a lot of electronics for the money :)

image.thumb.png.eaf17cad2791343b4263855db72e4c76.png

DAC and USB PCBs are at the top of the pic, underneath those are the L & R analogue outputs (again with a lot going on..) and then the lower half is the power supplies, 3 in total I think

Super Wammer

I have just acquired this new to me but old Townshend Rock Elite mkII, it came with a Rega RB300 which is ok for now & is being "lifted" by my Sumiko Pearwood cart unil I find something better.

May as well show the new to me equipment support as well, it is a Blox unit, prised from a fellow wammer (thanks John) & changed the colour from black to white.

Please excuse the lack of decor, we are waiting for the plasterer to come & do his thing before we crack on with it all.

IMGP5136.JPG

IMGP5135.JPG

Very nice Brook

Super Wammer

Rack looks good in white, almost didn't recognise it. Did you chop the rods down with you only using 5 of the shelves, or did you grab some more M8 threaded bar and cut to length? 

Super Wammer

Cheers John, Robin too. Yes I cut the rods down to fit John, pretty simple really & easy to replace should I need another shelf.

What are you using for feet under the Rock if you don't mind me asking.

I've had my Rock since 1986 and so far only had to change the belt and last year noticed the sorbothane had sunk, so replaced them too.

Mine also has an RB300 on but I'm using an AT OC9/III cart.

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, Batty said:

What are you using for feet under the Rock if you don't mind me asking.

I've had my Rock since 1986 and so far only had to change the belt and last year noticed the sorbothane had sunk, so replaced them too.

Mine also has an RB300 on but I'm using an AT OC9/III cart.

Hi Steve, for the moment i am using 4 ice hockey pucks, partly because the back foot is directly over the cable tidy hole, but I have found them to be very good for other TT's, amps etc. Seems to be working fine but will experiment a little over time & see what happens.

Since 1986 huh, wow, dread to think how many I have had in that time!

I do like the look the pucks have, nice and chunky, i use 3 inverted sub-woofer cones, i.e. the cones are not attached to the base but the indented 'coins' are, I did it this way so the TT can be placed on any flat surface to work on plus the cones are threaded and great for levelling.

My first entry on this thread as I got myself a pair of speakers I'm very proud of. Listening room is a part of master bedroom so near-field listening with speakers and listening position in equilateral triangle (6ft distance). Just a couple of pics below. The rest can be found here

37647932372_699e5e9f90_b.jpg

Devialet provides lots of space for more important things: Fair Gin from France, Gin Marie from Spain (the home of gin), a German potion called Gin Sul that is surprisingly good and Pink Grapefruit and Lemon Verbena from Sly Gin in Herefordshire.

The black box on the lowest level is a PS Audio P3. Took it out of the system, but put it back after a while as it really has a positive effect. 

The speakers (Harbeth SHL5+ 40th Anniversary Limited Edition) are sitting on Adam Hall Spadeco2 pads, that really do the trick isolating the speakers from the floor and basically everything. £20 from Amazon.

Edited by ssfas

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 18:47, insider9 said:

My first entry on this thread as I got myself a pair of speakers I'm very proud of. Listening room is a part of master bedroom so near-field listening with speakers and listening position in equilateral triangle (6ft distance). Just a couple of pics below. The rest can be found here

Have you considered room treatment?:):)

Looks really comfy that room mate.:^

• Like 1

New speakers built for me by Des.

thanks Des.

Sat starting one of many evenings listening 

IMG_2952.JPG

Edited by Spider
  • Like 1