What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

Posted (edited)

Kit pic - not changed for years really. In me profile :)

Screenshot_20190611-215116-1280x995.thumb.png.9cd3bd002beb18e750a2b8c8b49145d8.png

IMG_20190611_215028-768x1024.thumb.jpg.e2ae095615cc629dadbc7fa8ca989fd9.jpg

Someone sell me an EAR digital source then I can't be arsed anymore. 

Edited by kernow
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, kernow said:

Kit pic - not changed for years really. In me profile :)

Screenshot_20190611-215116-1280x995.thumb.png.9cd3bd002beb18e750a2b8c8b49145d8.png

Someone sell me an EAR digital source then I can't be arsed anymore. 

Very nice, I can see why you’re happy not to change but...

have you read about and considered the replacement suspension pylons for the Gyro? - a very worthwhile and cost effective improvement. See the Michell thread in the clubs part of the forum for more details 

Yeah I've looked at it. I've got the pedersen armboard mod fitted which made a decent improvement. Maybe in future as I do need all the help I can get with this floor. 

27 minutes ago, kernow said:

Yeah I've looked at it. I've got the pedersen armboard mod fitted which made a decent improvement. Maybe in future as I do need all the help I can get with this floor. 

It’s not particularly isolation they add but the layers of texture they reveal compared to the standard springs. If you have an issue with a bouncy floor what about wall shelf mounting, your space looks ideal for this.

I had it on a shelf before. I rent. I have accoustifoam under the speakers and SDS feet under the gyro. 

13 hours ago, kernow said:

Always loved the look and sound of Tannoys :^

• Like 3

End game speaker for me, unless I can plump for Kensingtons. I've never enjoyed the look of glossy black or typically 'hifi' looking speakers with a shit veneer on for £6000. No thanks

Posted (edited)
On 10/06/2019 at 18:03, Eaton Mess said:

I spot 2 David Berning amplifiers there, not exactly common in the UK! One of which is a Siegfried they are like rocking horse droppings only a small number were made. I would give my right arm to get hold of one of those. :x

I used the Siegfried with WE 300b's. If honest, I personally preferred the sound of the ZH270 so ended up with two of them for a long time. Amazing amp for the money IMHO.

And yes, a Lyra Connoisseur Pre.  Lots of rare audio in that setup including the TAD TD/TH 4003 mated the JBL 1500al's.

I was something of an addict back in those days :) 

I should however say that the current lot, on a non hobbyist level, is in another league. Anything that can get you to sit down and listen to 30,40,50 year old albums, albums that you've heard hundreds of times before, and have you experience them as if for the first time is, IMHO, remarkable. The JBL's do that for me every day. Hats off to Greg Timbers.

Edited by Tune
  • Like 1

More changes on the way, but about time to update the current state of the pile of chaos.

Left-hand side:
Well Tempered Labs. Reference motor, thread drive, Kondo fairy wired. Currently AT-F2, as the Dynavector seems a bit unwell.
Kairsound copper SUT.
Valve home-brew phono stage.
Valve home-brew pre.
845 SET. A little modified.

Right-hand side:
Sony 388 R2R. Currently unwell.
Pioneer PD-S507 used as transport
Phono power supply; Audiosector NOS DAC plus switchable valve buffer stage.

Both sides:
Living Voice IBX R2 (there are two. I couldn't get far enough back).
Audio Physic Luna sub.

system-06-19.jpg

Edited by rabski
  • Like 13

On 15/06/2019 at 09:52, rabski said:

More changes on the way, but about time to update the current state of the pile of chaos.

Left-hand side:
Well Tempered Labs. Reference motor, thread drive, Kondo fairy wired. Currently AT-F2, as the Dynavector seems a bit unwell.
Kairsound copper SUT.
Valve home-brew phono stage.
Valve home-brew pre.
845 SET. A little modified.

Right-hand side:
Sony 388 R2R. Currently unwell.
Pioneer PD-S507 used as transport
Phono power supply; Audiosector NOS DAC plus switchable valve buffer stage.

Both sides:
Living Voice IBX R2 (there are two. I couldn't get far enough back).
Audio Physic Luna sub.

system-06-19.jpg

When you look at a room full of goodies like that you just know it is going to sound good!

• Like 1

Just received my pre amp and tuner. Guess a gyrodec is the only thing that still eludes me :D

The rest of my setup is complete :)

Below are a T+A P1260R preamp and a Classe T1 tuner. And might i say that despite its squat height, the T+A preamp is really deep and really well built. Pics can't do it justice...But looks like a great peice of solid engineering:)

IMG-20190616-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190616-WA0001.jpg