What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

6 hours ago, newlash09 said:

Just bought my first CD player ever...But sadly don't have a single CD with me as yet :D

Will post my listening impressions of this esoteric K-01 vs my digital streaming rig , once Iam back home. 

And it will be one worthy comparison of the random access memories album on CD via the esoteric, and DSD & flac downloads of those same tracks via my roon streaming rig, which in itself is no slouch actually..

images (44).jpeg

images (45).jpeg

wow..:love:

• Like 2

Ruddy Nora you don't do things by halves.:^

• Like 1

@newlash09 looking forward to your opinions on this.

A few years back I was looking at Esoteric CD players, transports and DAC’s (the older X, P and D ranges) but was apprehensive about owners conflicting reports on noise from the CD mechanism/transport.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blackmetalboon said:

@newlash09 looking forward to your opinions on this.

A few years back I was looking at Esoteric CD players, transports and DAC’s (the older X, P and D ranges) but was apprehensive about owners conflicting reports on noise from the CD mechanism/transport.

Sure sir...

will certainly post my impressions ...as good as the esoteric might be..the digital rig is at a equivalent level. ..If not more. I've thrown the kitchen sink at my streaming setup...lots of power regenerators and conditioners on the way...lush cables and full  vibration isolation too...So should be a matter of preference  between the two :D

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

@newlash09 Very nice CDP.

Enjoy........when you have some CDs.

Thank you sir :)

Picked up a new one of these a couple of weeks ago for a good price,  Audio-Technica ART9 m/c cartridge. and now even after 50 hours only it sounds so sublime.

gsRqjFfl.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, p147 said:

Picked up a new one of these a couple of weeks ago for a good price,  Audio-Technica ART9 m/c cartridge. and now even after 50 hours only it sounds so sublime.

gsRqjFfl.jpg

I am interested in this cart as well. Can’t find much variation in selling prices out there, where did you get yours from?

2 hours ago, lostwin said:

I am interested in this cart as well. Can’t find much variation in selling prices out there, where did you get yours from?

Not sure if I am allowed to mention the name as he was banned, but it is s/n and if you google the product you will come across it, I paid £759 a couple of weeks ago, It included delivery, it was brand new, perfect condition and comes with a 1 year guarantee, I had no problems and never have had with s/n, just make sure you pay by c/card, you might have to chase him every now and then but at least you are covered by c/card and it is a couple of hundred pounds cheaper than anywhere else.

As you are not that far you are quite welcome to come along and listen for yourself.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

40621515093_20983d73e1_c.jpg

System by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

40694693713_6f1633bf76_c.jpg

DIY Source Selector by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

From the previous post, I have moved the Rega Saturn on as there was not enough of an improvement on the Sony, and added a MiniDSP 2x4HD ahead of a multi-way DIY speaker project.

I've also added a long standing 'want' in the Something Solid rack, with my own 30mm Baltic Birch Ply shelves for the moment.

Sources

• Sony DVP-S9000ES
  • Rega P9 / Ania
  • Ray Samuels Nighthawk F117
  • Logitech Bluetooth Adapter
  • Source Selector Box (DIY)

Integrated Amplifier

• Decware Zen SE84C (DIY)

Speakers

• Supravox 165-2000 (DIY)
Edited by HoopsOnToast
  • Like 3

Still enjoying the Nighthawk Rob? I'm still very impressed with mine.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
29 minutes ago, myles said:

Still enjoying the Nighthawk Rob? I'm still very impressed with mine.

Yes, very much so. I've not listened to the P9 as much as I have recently, in the last month even more!

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
On 04/05/2019 at 20:24, Idlewithnodrive said:

Got myself a new TT light

be9854a053db129f814898bc0cde19482b2a29ad

Mike, I bought the same just the other day, and hadn’t seen this.  An Ikea Harte, about £15.  Is that it?

Super Wammer

I have the very same one too

11 hours ago, Nopiano said:

Mike, I bought the same just the other day, and hadn’t seen this.  An Ikea Harte, about £15.  Is that it?

Yes, that's the one Nick. Fab aren't they ?