Sign in to follow this  
macfan

LP12 Radikal Problem - Redux

2 hours ago, mbabst said:

My dealer was also no aware of this issue. He was willing to check it and as you know, my LP12 suffered from this issue. My dealer was really happy I told him to check it. He called Linn an they confirmed that this problem exists and told him what to do. I‘m pretty sure there are still less experienced dealers around who‘ve never heard of this problem. So everyone who‘s having a Radikal fitted should ask his dealer to check it.

I‘m glad I found this information on the internet (yes on the Lejonklou forum)...otherwise I‘d now live with the Motor touching the Trampolin 2.

Who is your dealer ?

My dealer was also no aware of this issue. He was willing to check it and as you know, my LP12 suffered from this issue. My dealer was really happy I told him to check it. He called Linn an they confirmed that this problem exists and told him what to do. I‘m pretty sure there are still less experienced dealers around who‘ve never heard of this problem. So everyone who‘s having a Radikal fitted should ask his dealer to check it.

I‘m glad I found this information on the internet (yes on the Lejonklou forum)...otherwise I‘d now live with the Motor touching the Trampolin 2.

Any dealer so on the ball should be praised not hidden.

Come on don't keep it to yourself I'm sure your dealer would be proud of some support.:sofa:

Posted (edited)

Ooops.

butter fingers double post or slow server.

Soz as you were. :whistle:

Edited by Mr Kandid

Posted (edited)

My deck was also effected. Brand new Linn plinth too. I was surprised how much of an improvement was made after fixing it - wish I’d got it sorted sooner. 

Sad that Linn pretend the problem does not exist. Wonder if they decided the cost to them and dealer network too great compared to the impact on customer loyalty etc. At least awareness has been raised on the various forums and there are ways around it.

Edited by Trunkmonkey
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mbabst said:

Haven’t checked if my deck has this issue yet but how did Linn recommend to fix the problem?

By using wooden strips like on the picture.

FF433F40-2B2B-4872-87CD-C39372BD29D3.jpeg

12 minutes ago, mbabst said:

By using wooden strips like on the picture.

FF433F40-2B2B-4872-87CD-C39372BD29D3.jpeg

Thank you, mbabst! Did Linn send those strips to your dealer?

Posted (edited)

This is not m deck on the picture but it looks exactly the same. No, my dealer made it‘s own strips from ice cream sticks. At the moment Linn doesn’t offer any strips as far as I know. My dealer is located in Switzerland. Really glad he checked my deck and solved the issue. It sounds wonderful now.

Edited by mbabst

Thanks again, mbabst. I think the least Linn could do was to provide the dealers with the sticks with the correct sizes and materials to make the job easier. I have to get my LP12 on the jig soon to sort this out. The best is if my plinth is tall enough so I avoid this issue, a nice walnut plinth from 2007 by the way.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No, my dealer made it‘s own strips from ice cream sticks.

Classic!

Feast or Mini Magnum?

Seriously, whilst Linn sit on their hands, dealers are left to Heath Robinson work arounds in order to fix a potentially £18k turntable.

Edited by Trunkmonkey
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Trunkmonkey said:

Classic!

Feast or Mini Magnum?

Seriously, whilst Linn sit on their hands, dealers are left to Heath Robinson work arounds in order to fix a potentially £18k turntable.

Indeed I've got one of those turntables although I don't have the problem they're hardly likely to come up with a solution to the problem unless someone admits there is a problem to fix.:whistle:

Hello everyone -

Thanks to those who have chimed in further. The solution provided by attaching the thin wood strips to the Trampolin 2 seems like the go to option for those with existing plinths that encounter the issue. Keep in mind these are small values in the ranges of 1mm, 1.5mm, or 2mm and is dependent on the height of the plinth you have. If your plinth is of a correct height then you most likely will not encounter the problem. The only reason  I expect to not have use the wood strip solutions is: 

1. Custom plinth has already compensated for the issue
  2. Dealer willing to check - and even check decks he has already worked on.

I will be happy to post dealer name and location but would feel more comfortable asking just to be sure they are cool with it. I am sure they would be but need to respect the business\customer relationship. Dealer is US based.

Posted (edited)

Är vem din återförsäljare?

Well has your dealer consented or not ?

My guess is not :spam:

Edited by Bignose5

39 minutes ago, macfan said:

For those who are interested my dealer for this project is Sound Image outside Atlanta, GA in the US. 

I've had some dealings with Lawson at Sound Image. I had a very pleasant experience purchasing from him.

Sign in to follow this