Paulssurround

What Would Be Your Dream HiFi System?

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 17:29, akamatsu said:

My dream system would include a moving coil cartridge that would never wear out.

Now your talking...

...The everlasting cartridge . That really is the stuff of dreams .

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

My dream system would be what I have now but swap my PMC PB1i speakers for a pair of PMC Fenestrias and my Electrocompaniet AW180 monoblocks for four x  Electrocompaniet Nemo Monoblocks.

I would also add an Electrocompaniet Ecm1 streamer .

image.thumb.png.6a55a0d1ce3d174040c3b4f048924188.png

image.png.9cab0226a145a8e249105144d4799833.png

Inside of one monoblock !

https://electrocompaniet.com/collections/amplifiers/products/aw-600-nemo

image.png.bc698d7fc0107d3bc31ab49d49b7e846.png

image.png.ea70d6c55c52117fd4828b498dfbdae8.png

Steamer with built in Dac and choice of size of internal storage .

Edited by Electro
  • Like 1

What I currently have with the addition of 2) Klimax Katalyst Exakt Boxes and 10) Klimax Solos... in black of course. 

• Like 3

On 07/04/2019 at 03:55, ropedrag said:

What I currently have with the addition of 2) Klimax Katalyst Exakt Boxes and 10) Klimax Solos... in black of course. 

I could use that too with my current system :D Oh darn, I don't have the space. But I guess I would make room, if they showed up on my doorstep ;)

• Like 1

This one:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/nokturne-audio-lejonklou-hifs-singularity-and-quad-electrostatics

Which, not coincidentally, is what I'm using at home, except that JA got the amps wrong - we were using Sagatun Mono 1.4 preamps and Tundra Mono 2.2 power amps, all four of which run $4950 each.  However, there are likely to soon be two upgrades. 1) A newer pair of Quad ESL that I have almost finished reconstructing using panels rebuilt by Sheldon Stokes and crossovers that I rebuilt using selected components.  2) If I can get it properly integrated, which is looking hopeful, my JBL 4645C 18" pro cinema subwoofer with a Marchand XM44 crossover and an additional Tundra Mono 2.2 amp.

So far I haven't heard anything more musical.  However, I would also have to try the Vandersteen Model 7s, which I have heard being quite musical at a couple of Hi-Fi shows, to see if they compete.

• Like 1

I haven’t come up with a list yet for my dream system but a friend of mine in india has just finished up his dream system. The majority of the system was his architect wife building him the perfect room. 1/3 hard floor. 2/3 suspended soft floor

Here are some pictures.

fe3710601dbc5f4df82abf7a6156782a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, HansBertil said:

There are no shortcuts to the perfect sound are there.

1. Marry an architect.

2. ...

Why didn't I think of that ... it took me much longer ...

1.  Have a daughter

2. Send her to Uni

3. Watch in wonder while she gets a degree followed by a job in a firm of architects.

4. ...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FearOfMusic said:

1.  Have a daughter

2. Send her to Uni

3. Watch in wonder while she gets a degree followed by a job in a firm of architects.

4. ...

That's never going to work, what were you thinking?

On 20/04/2019 at 17:28, FearOfMusic said:

1.  Have a daughter

2. Send her to Uni

4. ...

4... get a meaningless job in Sainsburys :D

On 20/04/2019 at 16:58, zee9 said:

I haven’t come up with a list yet for my dream system but a friend of mine in india has just finished up his dream system. The majority of the system was his architect wife building him the perfect room. 1/3 hard floor. 2/3 suspended soft floor

Here are some pictures.

fe3710601dbc5f4df82abf7a6156782a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll have to air condition his room before a listening session!

57 minutes ago, oldius said:

He'll have to air condition his room before a listening session!

From what I know from the climate of India that may be a given. 😁

Come to think of it, I'm probably more jealous about the climate than about the setup and room. At least today the weather's nice, but still. 🤔

On 03/04/2019 at 18:19, Carrington said:

Like the OP, for me it would have to be a house move first. Nothing outrageous, just detached and with a seperate living room for music (but not a dedicated room). My existing system whilst well out of date, would be absolutely fine, just more room to expand the CD and vinyl collection. I would upgrade my TT though, which might require a change to the phono stage and preamp, oh well, might as well change the lot at this rate!

Actually I've no idea about hifi these days, my knowledge for what it amounts to is stuck in the 90s so I don't have any big dreams or aspirations. I'll get back in my box now...

Well, the good thing is that with a 90s CD player you could get incredible improvement these days for very little money. DACs have improved so much, it is kinda silly.

The downside is that it could fire up those bigger dreams and asprirations. But if and when you decide to leave your box someday, you're in for a treat.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

My realistic but slightly dreamy would be a pair of these Decware Zen Monos

SE84UFO3OP.jpg

And via the MiniDSP, A pair of Supravox 400-EXC bass drivers (with a PSU & Amp) to match with my existing 165-2000

44042341415_23274c7283_z.jpg

Supravox 165-2000 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Basically along the line of these Japanese builds...

http://www.soundparts.server-shared.com/fieldsupeker.html

https://soundbox.co.jp/PureAudio/products.htm

215a1.jpg

Would probably keep the P9, don't need anything better although always lusted after an SME Model 10....