Amormusic

Calling CXN owners?

Posted (edited)

Hi folks,

I got one not long ago and not tried the DAC part of it, which I believe you can use standalone?

Thinking I’d like to try and connect my Sony smart telly to CXN before goes to my Arcam amp to see if a SQ improvement, also I’d like to compare the DACs in the CXN vs my humble cd transport, an old-skool Arcam DV79. 

Is this easy? Is it just a case of buying some RCA connects? If not, what do I need to do? Also, can I connect both (tv and CD player)?

Cheers peeps. 

Edited by Amormusic

Using  a teac vrds 7 as a transport via coax in and you can plug your TV in the toslink 

Obviously I have a CXN V2 

you need a 75ohm coax digital cable for the Arcam and a toslink for the TV.. CXN has both inputs 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Amormusic said:

Hi folks,

I got one not long ago and not tried the DAC part of it, which I believe you can use standalone?

Thinking I’d like to try and connect my Sony smart telly to CXN before goes to my Arcam amp to see if a SQ improvement, also I’d like to compare the DACs in the CXN vs my humble cd transport, an old-skool Arcam DV79. 

Is this easy? Is it just a case of buying some RCA connects? If not, what do I need to do? Also, can I connect both (tv and CD player)?

Cheers peeps. 

I got a cheap DAC from China to convert the optical digital out on my Panasonic TV to hook it up to the hifi (two channel)  - works fine (it also has a digital coax in connection) .  Oh I should add was more than cheap it cost about a fiver https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAC-Optical-Digital-Coaxial-Toslink-Signal-to-Analog-Audio-Converter-Adapter-QB/322991189313?hash=item4b33c66d41:g:-dMAAOSwTM5Y0JwH    It even came with a toslink lead bless em.  I am not saying it is hifi but there again it does sound one hell of a lot better than the internal TV speakers.  I have never sat to evaluate the sound per se (do you sit and evaluate sound in the cinema?)  but I have not thought when playing that is sounds anything other than fine :D   I should add the tv was too far from the DAC in the hifi to hook up via toslink and I had the RCA leads in place from TV to hifi from the old telly.

Edited by uzzy

1 hour ago, Amormusic said:

Mines a V1 is it still the same?

Yes, slightly different operating system but as for connecting and sound, they are the same