First i have to say..im realy disapointed with linn forum cancellation…(that’s of topic)

And now topic – im using many years audioquest forest ethernet cable…

And this year is my “upgrade time” .. i made katalyst upgrade for my akurate…

And now im asking – do you have any opinion with different ethernet cables ? 

Could somebody recommend a ethernet cable with sound improovement?

Super Wammer

Welcome!  Do complete your location and profile some time as it helps a lot.

If you’ve not yet found the thread zee9 mentions, it’s here...

Thank you … im just reading that sugested topic… 

Too much theory and too much polemic… but im missing some more simply posts  like “i have tried this with this results” …

• Like 1

I’d say, keep your Audioquest cable. IMHO any decent well built cable will do the work. No change of network cable will ever match the Katalyst upgrade you already have done. That is a sweet one :). Again IMHO, money put on analog cabling has a better performance/cost ratio. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, parnass said:

Thank you … im just reading that sugested topic… 

Too much theory and too much polemic… but im missing some more simply posts  like “i have tried this with this results” …

That's because the polemic and the theory raise serious questions about the validity of the results ... :)

I agree with what HansBertil says.

David

10 hours ago, DavidHB said:

That's because the polemic and the theory raise serious questions about the validity of the results ... :)

I agree with what HansBertil says.

David

Ditto. I have Forest. Perfectly fine.

If you have a NAS I'd suggest a Jitterbug though.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

Timster, I’ve always assumed that the Jitterbug only worked on the USB circuit, so would only be of benefit if listening to files held on a USB drive plugged into the NAS. Are you saying that you find it improves things other than that?

’troll

Yes, it does some jiggery pokery on the USB busses but that also seems to reduced jitter in the whole device. Don't ask how or why but it is noticeable.

7 hours ago, timster said:

Ditto. I have Forest. Perfectly fine.

If you have a NAS I'd suggest a Jitterbug though.

M HiFi dealer lent me 3 Jitterbugs to try out in my system.

I put one in my NAS, and also tried other USB ports.

I might have even put one in one of my ears?    😂

Although some people have found an improvement in sound quality, I found it reduced the sound quality in my system.

Perhaps because I already have a squeaky clean power supply?

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, Paulssurround said:

M HiFi dealer lent me 3 Jitterbugs to try out in my system.

I put one in my NAS, and also tried other USB ports.

I might have even put one in one of my ears?    😂

Although some people have found an improvement in sound quality, I found it reduced the sound quality in my system.

I tried the Jitterbug and it made no difference at all but others have reported gains. I am intrigued at your comment that it reduced sound quality for you. Out of interest what were the symptoms of that reduced sound quality?

1 hour ago, Paulssurround said:

Reminds me of the felt pads having an adverse effect on my system - my iRAPs do the job, the pads made it worse if you remember

Super Wammer
18 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

I recall it made the vocals slightly muddy, and a slight reduction of soundstage 

On the basis that the jitterbug is not altering the digital musical content it might be that the reduction in RF noise with the jitterbug reduced the false soundstage created by RF noise.

RF noise can give a false illusion of extra soundstage or extra detail and sometimes removing the RF noise seems like a retrograde step until the brain gets used to the real sound without the false detail.

All subject to IMO and YMMV of course!

On 31/03/2019 at 10:00, timster said:

Reminds me of the felt pads having an adverse effect on my system - my iRAPs do the job, the pads made it worse if you remember

Yes, I certainly agree that some people that have shelving engineered to reject vibration from the  electronics, may not benefit from the felt

Although, I have encountered engineered shelving, such as quadrispires,  that did benefit  from felt pads under the feet of the equipment, and even more so with Gunstigs.

I seem to recall your shelving had small ball bearings, as isolation devices.

8 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

On the basis that the jitterbug is not altering the digital musical content it might be that the reduction in RF noise with the jitterbug reduced the false soundstage created by RF noise.

RF noise can give a false illusion of extra soundstage or extra detail and sometimes removing the RF noise seems like a retrograde step until the brain gets used to the real sound without the false detail.

All subject to IMO and YMMV of course!

Sounds like a good explanation.

From my system however, the sound quality did not benefit from the Jitterbugs.

I had a few days to try them out in my system, and promptly returned them to the HiFi store.