radiant red

Took the plunge again....Harbeth & Sugden

Super Wammer

Will your Kralk speakers be departing, or are they keepers?  

14 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Will your Kralk speakers be departing, or are they keepers?  

Honestly? They have gone back.. I wanted to like them so much. Built brilliantly and have the most solid bass I have known in a speaker at this price level.. I ran them for ages to run them in as stated on the Kralk thread and I stand by what I said on there.

for me, the mid and top end was too hard for my liking and I want the sweet and smooth midrange with a less bright top end.. maybe my kit at fault? I don’t think so.. cables? Tried many. The Kralks remember are a quarter of the price of the Harbeths and I was never expecting them to sound as they do. I’m 54 and need to listen at low level as well as loud and the Harbeths will operate effortlessly at both ends but the Kralks seem lifeless at low level in my system. I commend Alan for his speakers and I know they will fit in in many systems and deservedly so. 

As for my Rega Rx-3? They are wonderful at timing, bass depth and ability to play with decent texture to the sound so I may keep them for my eventual second system.

some may disagree with what I have said above but I can only be honest with my findings.. I hope many listen to the Kralks because what they do well, they do VERY well and I so want to promote a British maker. Alan’s businesses ethos is superb.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Honestly? They have gone back.. I wanted to like them so much. Built brilliantly and have the most solid bass I have known in a speaker at this price level.. I ran them for ages to run them in as stated on the Kralk thread and I stand by what I said on there.

for me, the mid and top end was too hard for my liking and I want the sweet and smooth midrange with a less bright top end.. maybe my kit at fault? I don’t think so.. cables?

I just got that feeling.

Just now, CnoEvil said:

I just got that feeling.

Was it that obvious? I do stand by my thoughts on the Kralk thread but I just couldn’t get them to calm down.. My Rega amp is far from bright and it has a wonderful clarity with superb bass 

5 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Was it that obvious? I do stand by my thoughts on the Kralk thread but I just couldn’t get them to calm down.. My Rega amp is far from bright and it has a wonderful clarity with superb bass 

The fact you were honest with your impressions, made it likely...when you got the Harbeths, that confirmed it.

Just now, CnoEvil said:

The fact you were honest with your impressions, made it likely...when you got the Harbeths, that confirmed it.

TBH, I wanted the Kralks to be in the second system and the Harbeths in the main, they were always on the cards eventually 

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, radiant red said:

TBH, I wanted the Kralks to be in the second system and the Harbeths in the main, they were always on the cards eventually 

Thanks very much for the explanation.  I’d never even heard of them until your Kralk thread, which I read fully a week or so ago.  But they seemed more rock oriented than, say, Harbeth, so I was wondering if both worked for you. 

I hope those four weeks don’t drag too much!

• Like 1

Hi radiant red ...

Hearty congratulations and really glad you got your favourite speakers back..Iam probably too young and naive with words to offer anything comforting. For fear of saying something wrong, though well intended, I would prefer to keep quiet. And fondly hope you get my drift. And really wishing you happiness and joy with your new harbs . And may it heal all the wounds with its sounds :)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, newlash09 said:

Hi radiant red ...

Hearty congratulations and really glad you got your favourite speakers back..Iam probably too young and naive with words to offer anything comforting. For fear of saying something wrong, though well intended, I would prefer to keep quiet. And fondly hope you get my drift. And really wishing you happiness and joy with your new harbs . And may it heal all the wounds with its sounds :)

Very Kind words, knowing the Harbeths from old, they are less system or amp dependant. I use to use them with a Sugden a21a amp and sounded lovely. As @Nopiano said, about the Kralks, they are more rock oriented and like to be played loud

Edited by radiant red
  • Like 1

I have to say that the Regas are holding their own tonight.. nothing like the old RS 3s 

Melody Gardo sounding beautiful.. can’t wait tho for the Harbeths 

• Like 1

.... A week or so to go before delivery. Looking forward to endless nights of audio heaven 

58F76F57-D7CA-4569-9915-B28185C4CE8F.jpeg

• Like 4

I’m home ❤️ The audio heaven is back straight out the boxes 

• Haha 1

Very pleased that they still have that magic for you :)

Enjoy !

• Like 1