radiant red

Took the plunge again....Harbeth & Sugden

14 hours ago, ryder said:

Also, you may experiment with toe-in as I find a slight toe-in to be beneficial. 

More in position for when I move. Not ideal right now

981079D5-EA66-403E-B093-802793C07BCB.jpeg

• Like 3

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, radiant red said:

Your absolutely right, around 2m apart is ideal.. I’m purely restricted by the room atm but that will change. I ran my original pair as above and improved the imagery and tonal balance.. ive done that with the last three sets of speakers in this house to confirm that and I know there is more to come.. I will be moving when Brexit sorts itself out (housing market flat) down to the west coast of the uk and I know I will be looking for a house for my Hifi! Lol

Same as me, in a few years time, I intend going for a bungalow, so it's easy to smack about so I end up living in a Musicroom with accommodation, 

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, radiant red said:

Double post (bloody phone) 

Edited by Lurch

19 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Same as me, in a few years time, I intend going for a bungalow, so it's easy to smack about so I end up living in a Musicroom with accommodation, 

👍🏻 I’ve worked long enough, seen and had some life changing things go on so I’m looking forward to changes a positive.

music makes the world go round.. doesn’t it? 💭

34 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Holy crap, i’m Not letting you anywhere near my home renovation project!

• Haha 2

Playing some 60’s Simon and Garfunkel tonight with my eyes closed.. lovely 

• Like 2

Missing that warmth of a Sugden a21a tho.. don’t get me wrong, the Rega is a gem but I’m old fashioned lol

Super Wammer
16 hours ago, radiant red said:

Missing that warmth of a Sugden a21a tho.. don’t get me wrong, the Rega is a gem but I’m old fashioned lol

Tempting?  https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133048009814

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Just a bit too much to pay out on.. looking for a series 2 non signature as the signature is a little forward but thanks anyway 

• Like 1

Just got back from a road trip.. (thought I’d give my ears a rest lol) turned on the gramophone today and hearing the Harbeths do more than I remember. So easy to compare stuff and get lost in what isn’t important.

i have been offered a nice little Sugden a21a so sorting that out this week and will report how it all sounds again together 

• Like 3

Sugden arrived and ❤️ In harmony with the Harbeths. Sweet with texture and depth.. loving it

592A0D50-CE79-4056-AE95-A07EB68CC42A.jpeg

• Like 7

Absolutely incredible dynamics with this duo, so much current delivery from a modest output.. just as I remember from years ago but better.. bigger room? no idea

• Like 2

Good show!:cool:

9 hours ago, Tarzan said:

Good show!:cool:

Good sound.. quite effortless.. C7’s and the a21a imo match made in heaven 

• Like 1

Forgot to say that I have been running them with simple van damme cables too and impressed but will try my TQ Black 2 next week and see what difference they will make..