radiant red

Took the plunge again....Harbeth & Sugden

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, radiant red said:

D5E075EE-4FDB-44A9-A96A-CA03D8FF5D8E.jpeg

I’ve just had a sex wee! Beautiful. 

Shame you had to sell the Rega’s - they’re nice speakers. 

I’m going to have to sell my headphones and headphone amp :(  it’ll hurt but like you I need to release some funds. 

But what price the enjoyment of music eh?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2019 at 19:18, radiant red said:

Thanks bud 👍🏻

Unfortunately my credit score took a bit of a dive from the divorce and illness lol. I have a few things I can sell so eBay etc beckons 

Why don't you buy used?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tuga said:

Why don't you buy used?

I have in the past.. try and find a decent pair of UK unmolested 7s! Had a good deal too and will loose very little but have no intention of moving them on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

64BA5EF7-BE31-4440-9B45-7D5A0EA071ED.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, radiant red said:

64BA5EF7-BE31-4440-9B45-7D5A0EA071ED.jpeg

These should be on Pornhub not Hifiwigwam :D

would love to hear a pair some day - but then I might just want some.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

These should be on Pornhub not Hifiwigwam :D

would love to hear a pair some day - but then I might just want some.  

😂

I took off the grilles to make sure they are free of defects as I was filling in the warranty on line... couldn’t resist a photo.

they are sounding superb with the Rega amp I have but I’m craving for that class A sound I once had.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
On 04/05/2019 at 09:10, tuga said:

Why don't you buy used?

used harbs often go for silly money . you can often get very good deals with a dealer on them 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@radiant red What finish are the Harbeths?

They look lovely.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, radiant red said:

64BA5EF7-BE31-4440-9B45-7D5A0EA071ED.jpeg

Wow...look so lovely in this finish :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tarzan said:

@radiant red What finish are the Harbeths?

They look lovely.:)

They are the std cherry finish which will darken no doubt over time.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2019 at 23:46, radiant red said:

😂

I took off the grilles to make sure they are free of defects as I was filling in the warranty on line... couldn’t resist a photo.

they are sounding superb with the Rega amp I have but I’m craving for that class A sound I once had.

Very nice indeed. Well done. 

May i ask which Rega amp is used with the C7ES3? I once used the Rega Elicit Mk2 to drive the SHL5 and didn't quite like the sound.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ryder said:

Very nice indeed. Well done. 

May i ask which Rega amp is used with the C7ES3? I once used the Rega Elicit Mk2 to drive the SHL5 and didn't quite like the sound.  

Using the Elex-R  with TQ cables..ideally want to get speakers closer together as they are too far apart 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, radiant red said:

Using the Elex-R  with TQ cables..ideally want to get speakers closer together as they are too far apart 

Not too sure about the C7ES3 but I've tried placing my SHL5 Plus from 1.6m to over 4.2m apart. The sweet spot is 1.8m to 2.2m. Currently I've settled with approximately 1.9m centre to centre of speakers limited by the size of the room. 

Personally I'd be inclined to get the speakers to sit closer together to each other for a more coherent sound. Try to play some vocal music and you'd noticed that voices would sound more concentrated and natural when the speakers are closer together. When the speakers are placed further apart from each other, voices become more diffused and appear to sound "larger" than they should. 

Edited by ryder
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, you may experiment with toe-in as I find a slight toe-in to be beneficial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ryder said:

Not too sure about the C7ES3 but I've tried placing my SHL5 Plus from 1.6m to over 4.2m apart. The sweet spot is 1.8m to 2.2m. Currently I've settled with approximately 1.9m centre to centre of speakers limited by the size of the room. 

Personally I'd be inclined to get the speakers to sit closer together to each other for a more coherent sound. Try to play some vocal music and you'd noticed that voices would sound more concentrated and natural when the speakers are closer together. When the speakers are placed further apart from each other, voices become more diffused and appear to sound "larger" than they should. 

Your absolutely right, around 2m apart is ideal.. I’m purely restricted by the room atm but that will change. I ran my original pair as above and improved the imagery and tonal balance.. ive done that with the last three sets of speakers in this house to confirm that and I know there is more to come.. I will be moving when Brexit sorts itself out (housing market flat) down to the west coast of the uk and I know I will be looking for a house for my Hifi! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.