radiant red

Took the plunge again....Harbeth & Sugden

Posted (edited)

Having owned Harbeth in the past I knew finally the sound I wanted but when I divorced, everything went. Had no audio for years until last year when I started to rebuild and then got seriously ill but touch wood, I’m on the mend. Anyway, I’ve said I just cannot afford to buy the 7es3’s again so messed with multiple speakers and felt the sound was ok but deep down, I really missed the sound from the Harbeths. 

My ilness was life threatening and probably will always be on the radar and the other day I thought 💭 f*** it! So I ordered a pair from HiFi Corner and a good deal! I’ve got 5 weeks to figure out how I’m gonna pay the balance lol!

Basically, what I’m trying to say is if you know what you like, get it by hook or by crook because you will always be chasing that sound you once heard or had. 

The 7s are probably the best average domestic model they do for an average room and as much as I love the HL5s they won’t work in my current room. The dealer has said when I move, he will give me my money back on the 7s if I have eventually a big enough room for the HL5s.. Can’t argue with that.. anyway, just thought I’d share the story 

97720029-DA42-466E-935C-CF40EF81088F.jpeg

Edited by radiant red
  • Like 18
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Great choice! I thoroughly enjoyed my listen to these at the Bristol Show last month. 

I’m sure they’ll be keepers. 

PS. There are some good 0% credit cards out there if you shop around. 

8 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Great choice! I thoroughly enjoyed my listen to these at the Bristol Show last month. 

I’m sure they’ll be keepers. 

PS. There are some good 0% credit cards out there if you shop around. 

Thanks bud 👍🏻

Unfortunately my credit score took a bit of a dive from the divorce and illness lol. I have a few things I can sell so eBay etc beckons 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

You have my sympathy for what you have been through, regarding your health and the trauma of your divorce .....it has a way of focusing your attention on what's important - and music is important.

Enjoy your new speakers.

Edited by CnoEvil
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Yes, music does sooth the soul.. I’ve missed these for 5 years... 

the person who purchased my original pair still has them and won’t part with them.. I did try lol

Are your sevens new or pre owned , ive got harbie five annies now and they do portray music with so much texture and involve you with the music, far better than when I had the fives ten years ago, these annies may look the same but are so much better .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, deggie said:

Are your sevens new or pre owned , ive got harbie five annies now and they do portray music with so much texture and involve you with the music, far better than when I had the fives ten years ago, these annies may look the same but are so much better .

They are new.. looked at the Anniversary 7s but aesthetically, they just wouldn’t work.. I’m holding on to the sound I remember lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well done Jonathan, you've been through the medical mill etc....... awful to hear that, sorry! I'd similar experiences in the last 18 months myself and totally understand where you're coming from.

Enjoy the new speakers, they look the business! Enjoy life to the full. Glad your on the mend bro!!

Peter

Edited by macvisual
  • Like 1

Life IS to short yes, that’s probably why I started the thread ‘measurements, compatibility and ears lol!! Apologies if I have upset some moderators in the past i.e @rabski lol 😜

funny, I was at the hospital yesterday and I heard a voice I recognised and it was a chap I employed 30 years ago as a car progressor and he now works in radiology! Came to my house for a cup of tea after work! 👍🏻

• Like 1

Back on topic lol... very much looking forward to bringing back the sound I loved.. music does make to world go round.. especially after a stressful day.. in my world anyway 👍🏻

With my long spells in Hos my wife brought me in my personal Minidisc player with 25/30 pre recorded discs to get me through my days/hardship..........music is the key of life...!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, radiant red said:

Back on topic lol... very much looking forward to bringing back the sound I loved.. music does make to world go round.. especially after a stressful day.. in my world anyway 👍🏻

Review is expected. :rockin:

29 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

Review is expected. :rockin:

Will do 👍🏻 Approx 4 weeks for delivery