Have you noted the Linn has an Ekos SE on it?  Listed at £1699 !  Magik price ;-)

Super Wammer

Watch out if you decide to bid . Whatever you win the bid at you will have 15% buyers premium added to the price then 20 % VAT added to the hammer price as well . that works out at around 30/31% added to the final bid price .

• Like 1

cheers for the heads up OP , i'm going to throw a punt at a B+W sub if i can get the site to recognise my credit card !!! gerrrr !

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, bencat said:

Watch out if you decide to bid . Whatever you win the bid at you will have 15% buyers premium added to the price then 20 % VAT added to the hammer price as well . that works out at around 30/31% added to the final bid price .

wrong, add vat onto the buyers premium as well, works out as 38% on top.

For mental arithmetic thats 40%.  Not funny.

Bearing in mind that every shop and dealer in UK will know about this, the auctioneer will have informed all of them, probably lots in Europe as well, there could be some high prices and nasty surprises for punters who cant read and/or add up.

Lots of things on my wish list, will soon be whittled down to very few as the bids come in.

Edited by forgot-my-id
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Signs said:

cheers for the heads up OP , i'm going to throw a punt at a B+W sub if i can get the site to recognise my credit card !!! gerrrr !

I dont think they take credit cards. Its debit or cash. Its an auction. Thats how they work. Theres no part-ex or cheques or IOUs either.

So there's 2 punters who cant read already ;)

If y dont read the rules of the auction you're going to get stung. Wake up and smell the coffee.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, hermano said:

Large auction of new and demo stuff in Nottingham.

Wish I was nearer as would pick a few bits up.....Some very good stuff here:

https://auctions.eddisons.com/auctions/7048/eddiso10447?page=3&pageSize=60

How can a hifi AUCTION be FREE?

Super Wammer
13 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

How can a hifi AUCTION be FREE?

True!  It’s free to browse, I suppose!

1 hour ago, forgot-my-id said:

I dont think they take credit cards. Its debit or cash. Its an auction. Thats how they work. Theres no part-ex or cheques or IOUs either.

So there's 2 punters who cant read already ;)

If y dont read the rules of the auction you're going to get stung. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Harsh !!! <think i'm to sensitive for this site :D > 

Thing is i'm thinking most of this stuff will go for 3/4 of the retail price so its still a saving don't ya think ?

Posted (edited)

I hope few people are prepared to pay that kind of dosh, the dealers buy it direct for less. The idea is to try and get it cheap, otherwise whats the point ?

Yes I'm being harsh, I'm in a bad mood, and the pound in my pocket is very hard to remove from me.

Edited by forgot-my-id

27 minutes ago, forgot-my-id said:

I hope few people are prepared to pay that kind of dosh, the dealers buy it direct for less. The idea is to try and get it cheap, otherwise whats the point ?

Yes I'm being harsh, I'm in a bad mood, and the pound in my pocket is very hard to remove from me.

chill :)  i would say £400 off a £1200 sub is a fair price , if that is what they go for ! :)

Remember, its an auction purchase, you get what it is whether it works or not. No guarantee or support from your local shop. You'll be lucky to get a manufacturer or importer to honour its warranty. Not bought through proper channels etc. Never mind the law, thats the response youll get. Hopefully all will be well.  I for one will not be paying 2/3 retail for anything under auction terms, not a chance. You take whatever gamble you want but please dont run up the prices for the rest of us.

Super Wammer

don't forget you have to pick them up ,  i will check how the fees work out tomorrow ,, i normally pay  a buyers fee of 20%  and then 15% of that ,,, on some auctions it can be 30 % all in ,

Used to be easy to get good some really good deals at auctions (before online bidding and when hammer premiums were lower).  However, occasionally things can still be quite good despite the 30-40% premium.

I missed an auction by 2 minutes a couple of weeks ago where lots of very high end equipment was listed from a dealer.  So by 2 mins I missed a pair of Wilson Sasha 2 which went for a total of 6000 GBP including premium.  Absolutely sickening.