Super Wammer
6 hours ago, rabski said:

Not like it used to be eh? Twenty wammers per room, a half hour queue for your bowl of gruel and then fifty lashes if you didn't have any Kondo wire.

ah in 2019 it seems that people seem to want the 'good old days' of times past resurrected Rabski

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

As someone who never heard or visited the good old days (Scalford) I enjoy the tales and the stories passed on by others . Then I think and keep to myself that i really do prefere the modern (Kegworth) with its sensible shaped and uniform rooms , its modern lifts and easy access . Best of all and the main reason I want to do it again all the other Wammers that attend and others who have a room , just come to listen or even just come to poke fun . This is still one of the highlight weeks of the year and I would not miss it for the anyhting short of serious illness . We have a new place and new things to enjoy , embrace it but never forget the history and the past fun had by many .

Super Wammer

All we need now is for Kegworth to build a fountain :rofl:

seriously I agree with the above, having exhibited in both Kegworth is so much better in many way, admittedly you could be lucky with room allocation at Scalford or desperately unlucky (my 1st year) but you did what you could.

Keggie is much more of an even playing field, and the car Park is a proper one & large!

Harking back to halcyon days of yore is an audiophile trait. If it wasn't, we wouldn't hear so much Floyd or Straits!

My experience of Kegworth was that it was a lot better than Scalford from an exhibitors' perspective. Ease of access, room sonics and parking were all better, as was the food, in my opinion. What I loved about Scalford were the many friends I made and the mad systems that some of the Wammers owned, and their own madness too! It was another world and I do miss that aspect of the Wam a little. 

• Upvote 2

We had a bit of the madness this year with the big systems in the rooms downstairs.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

We had a bit of the madness this year with the big systems in the rooms downstairs.

WIsh I had been there. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
On 08/06/2019 at 11:41, Maverick said:

it's a hotel not a hostel so double or twin with a couple of family rooms with bunk beds. Please state preference twin/double on the spreadsheet

Dubble room please would be fab th and you if possible ground floor 

Super Wammer

Ok cool just keep me away from the bar Friday night !!!!! 

Super Wammer
10 hours ago, terryg1 said:

Dubble room please would be fab th and you if possible ground floor 

please enter requests on the spreadsheet not here otherwise very likely the allocation team will miss them (we are up to 8 pages already on this thread)

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Ok will try as you know me and web sites dont get on !!!!! 

Super Wammer

Apparently my I s o on my old I pad will not load the Crome page I think I nead to fill out the spread sheet why is it so hard to do things!!!!!! Is there a link add min could send me or could I pm my details of room required then go from there yet again thank you 

Super Wammer
13 minutes ago, terryg1 said:

Apparently my I s o on my old I pad will not load the Crome page I think I nead to fill out the spread sheet why is it so hard to do things!!!!!! Is there a link add min could send me or could I pm my details of room required then go from there yet again thank you 

@mods: I'll sort for him next week when I'm back in UK

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer

As always Paul you are a very considerate gentleman . Not all of us have the Tech skills we shoud have . Good news for me is that i have sourced repalcement tweeters for my KEF 103 so my line can stay just as it is.

• Upvote 2

Super Wammer
9 minutes ago, bencat said:

As always Paul you are a very considerate gentleman . Not all of us have the Tech skills we shoud have . Good news for me is that i have sourced repalcement tweeters for my KEF 103 so my line can stay just as it is.

I try. Good news mate! 

2 hours ago, bencat said:

That is excellent news Andrew.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.