HiFiWigwam

2020 Spreadsheet Now Live

behave :clout:
and no it wasn't loud at all
Only joking. In all seriousness the Kefs and Quads sounded great at Kegworth.

When they were working
  • Haha 1

Sadly I am going to have to pull out for the third year in a row :fight: The good news is my speakers are finished, the bad news is they wont reach the UK in time for the show. I will hold a bake off at some point towards summer. I can only apologise to the organisers for my endless dicking around.

Its a poor image but here's proof of life!

image.thumb.jpeg.3bf5341fc8d02159f552fdc8d8ab6653.jpeg

Edited by Mondie
  • Upvote 1

Bad luck Simon. But these will be worth waiting for. I will make that trip whatever.

Jack

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Lawrence if I mange to complete what I want to with doubling the KEF,s then I hope things will sound even better . Yesterday was weird as Paul and i were just sitting talking with the music playing in the back ground and then it just stopped . My Krell KSA50 has already had to go to the repair shop from this system and awaiting details of what was wrong there. Now a Quad 405 has died . Luckily I have a second Quad 405 and things were all working again when Paul left and later that night . I honestly have no explanation what went wrong and for once I have a witness it was not me doing anything .

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
13 minutes ago, Mondie said:

Sadly I am going to have to pull out for the third year in a row :fight: The good news is my speakers are finished, the bad news is they wont reach the UK in time for the show. I will hold a bake off at some point towards summer. I can only apologise to the organisers for my endless dicking around.

can you delete your row on the spreadsheet (if not done already)

• Upvote 1

For me , every time I go at the system ,changing , adding etc, there is always a drama.  if we could just leave them alone we would be grand, but sure thats what makes us do what we do !!!!!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, bencat said:

and I blew an amp there is no guarantee .

Again ! c'mon Andrew red to red , black to black :P

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

Bad luck Simon. But these will be worth waiting for. I will make that trip whatever.

Jack

You would be very welcome Jack. I should have them singing in my room by May and the room treatment completed by July if all goes to plan.

Super Wammer
On 20/03/2019 at 08:39, Brigadoon said:

Things will work as before:

• the second  spreadsheet, "Exhibitors List 2020"  is locked, only HiFiWigwam can edit, so any would-be saboteurs, don't bother :nup: :D
  • Exhibitors enter own  info on the first sheet titled   "Exhibitors Enter Your  Data Here"
  • This will be transposed to the  locked sheet by the Wam Fairies
  • The Header Row is locked, so so any would-be saboteurs, don't bother :nup: :D

I've added the names on this thread .

Yes they will,

However I'm not sure how your room will work as it appears your not bringing any kit (line 8) Unless of course your gonna spend the day leaning on your walking stick and singing/screeching bloody Danny Boy. 🤣😂🤣

Edited by Lurch
  • Haha 1

Is there any availability of rooms for non exhibitors yet, or any timeframe for such ?

Super Wammer
16 minutes ago, joolz said:

Is there any availability of rooms for non exhibitors yet, or any timeframe for such ?

too early as rooms requests haven't started (that is make up as a twin or double :hug:),

however, if were not exhibiting I would grab a room over the road as the entry list is largest ever for any 'wam show - it's only about 150yd walk

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
6 hours ago, Mondie said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3bf5341fc8d02159f552fdc8d8ab6653.jpeg

No chance of buddying up with someone who can loan a pair of speakers so you can still provide a room?

• Upvote 1

Possibly Sun but I would need an amp too. I am hear to assist a wammer who needs help over the weekend.

• Like 1

On 23/03/2019 at 10:29, Speedracer said:

I would really appreciate it if we could have the same room as this year, number 19 on the ground floor, is it enough to make that request here or do I have to send a message to someone? By some miracle I got through the weekend okay without using my walking stick but it is highly unlikely that will happen again & being close to the back loading doors & not having to negotiate stairs was an absolute godsend.

I would second this - I know Brook really well and, though he is too proud to say so, he has been really ill with pulmonary problems this year and deserves a break from the Wam Organisers. Personally I think he's too brave for his own good but he's making the effort again this year and needs a bit of slack re room allocation.

Jack NSM

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

hence the "special requests" column, all noted last year but can't comment for 2020 as I'm not involved