HiFiWigwam

2020 Spreadsheet Now Live

Super Wammer

I was in the garage this afternoon sorting out amp transport boxes so I can easily get to them etc and fettling my wheeled flight case (a steal off eBay ..... 1100mm x 500 x 600 for £50) so it will take two layers of kit and all the cables in the lid etc.

With just over 8 weeks to go and after the recent discussions on Rooms etc, when will we know of room allocations, room costs - both sleeping & large room fees, insurance etc? 

Im planning ahead as I have the Friday at home, but holding a whisky tasting that night so will have the kit pre boxed for a quick getaway on the Saturday.  

• Upvote 1

In view of ongoing health difficulties I’m afraid we will have to pull out of exhibiting. We would still hope to attend the show, however.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Am I correct in saying that its only 5 or 6 miles from East Midlands Airport ???  and that getting a Taxi will not be difficult ?    two of us from Galway going to go over.

willie

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

nearer than that I think, more like 3 miles by taxi

Richard has been to the last 2 and he flies in @Richard A

• Upvote 1

Thanks Maverick, i think we will go on Sunday. Been meaning to go to this for years so looking forward.

willie

Super Wammer
6 hours ago, willie shaw said:

Thanks Maverick, i think we will go on Sunday. Been meaning to go to this for years so looking forward.

willie

good man, you'll have a blast

do come and say hi and make yourselves known 

PS love your part of the world, not at all jealous oh no :nup:

• Haha 1

booked flight for the Saturday, so its all go. Looking forward to seeing some things that will probably end up emptying my wallet !!!!

• Like 2

Super Wammer
18 minutes ago, willie shaw said:

booked flight for the Saturday, so its all go. Looking forward to seeing some things that will probably end up emptying my wallet !!!!

have you booked into the Great Western hotel (Yew Lodge)?

Also make sure you pay show entrance fee and print it off then you can join in Saturday.

• Upvote 1

...when ticket sales go live, that is...

Super Wammer
Just now, Tony_J said:

...when mods wake from hibernation , that is...

FTFY

• Haha 1

flying in and out same day, yes will buy tickets ,  what price will they be ?

Super Wammer

you do realise that the show in on the Sunday? Saturday is arrival & set up

prices will be announced shortly I'm sure (along with charges for exhibitors - yes we pay to exhibit)

• Upvote 1

Oops...

Saturday is still an interesting occasion, but many will still be setting up well into the evening and you may not get to see some stuff until quite late. Which may be a problem for your flights.

Better plan - change your return flight to Sunday and stay overnight at the hotel across the road?

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

+1 however drinking may happen on Saturday night which some visitors struggle with :D 

• Haha 1