Super Wammer

There were plenty of non exhibitor rooms last year as we were only exhibiting on 2 of the 3 floors. We're hoping to have more exhibitors this year but there should still be rooms available  for some non exhibitors.

Looking at the sheet the show is nearly full on the larger rooms we use for exhibiting so sleeping for non exhibitors might be tighter next March

AFAIK as long as you have a ticket for Sunday Peter doesn't have a problem with people staying at the Best Western joining in saturday night.

So prefer this as they want certainty well ahead of the show.

There were plenty of non exhibitor rooms last year as we were only exhibiting on 2 of the 3 floors. We're hoping to have more exhibitors this year but there should still be rooms available  for some non exhibitors.

Brilliant, thanks a lot :-)

Looking at the sheet the show is nearly full on the larger rooms we use for exhibiting so sleeping for non exhibitors might be tighter next March

AFAIK as long as you have a ticket for Sunday Peter doesn't have a problem with people staying at the Best Western joining in saturday night.

So prefer this as they want certainty well ahead of the show.

I was told a similar thing last year but when we turned up on Saturday night for a browse we were told that it was for people who were stopping there only :-(

Super Wammer

I was told a similar thing last year but when we turned up on Saturday night for a browse we were told that it was for people who were stopping there only :-(

Who by? I know of 2 wammers staying at the BW who were in the rooms on Saturday night @Bazzer any idea?

Who by? I know of 2 wammers staying at the BW who were in the rooms on Saturday night @Bazzer any idea?

It was wrong to be told that , the Best Western was an overflow hotel so if people were staying there and had a ticket for the Sunday of course they are welcome on the Saturday night. The exhibiting rooms aren’t officially open so it would be up to the exhibiter to invite you in .

Edited by Bazzer
  • Upvote 2

I am not quite sure to be honest.

We turned up, walked over to the bar to grab a drink and were told it was a private party and that the Wam had booked the hotel for the weekend.

The bar staff went and fetched another fella and he confirmed that it was a private party. I explained that we were there for the show on Sunday and were led to believe that we could have a browse and a chill on Saturday night. This didn't wash and we compromised on us being able to watch the football in the bar area.

To be fair to them, we didn't look like your typical hifi fans. 

We are both heavy set, my mate had a cap on and was roughly shaven etc. I think the chap was concerned that we would rob the place as he was saying he didn't have a clue who we are and was explaining that there was a lot of expensive gear in the rooms (obviously that couldn't be further from the truth as it was our 3rd year at the event and its our favourite of the year).

I just want to save the same embarrassment this year if i am honest as it felt a bit judgemental.

Cheers

Rick

I just want to save the same embarrassment this year if i am honest as it felt a bit judgemental.

Just print off your ticket that would be enough to satisfy .

• Upvote 1

Just print off your ticket that would be enough to satisfy .

Thanks a lot :-)

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Thanks a lot :-)

and shout for a mod

To be fair to them, we didn't look like your typical hifi fans. 

We are both heavy set, my mate had a cap on and was roughly shaven etc.

Sounds to me that you'd fit right in :D

• Haha 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.