2 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

Cheers Paul .....details now updated 

great

shaping up to be the most rooms ever in 2020

Super Wammer

Modified my bring list. Upgraded TT, and Puritan mains

Jessica 

Super Wammer

:^ one tip, make sure you have plenty of extension leads, hotel bedrooms tend to have very few sockets, and always in the wrong place!

Edited by Maverick
  • Upvote 1

oops

Edited by g8ina

On 20/03/2019 at 21:31, terryg1 said:

I'm very shy but tempt:nerves:ed 

Terry, Id be happy to help if you need moral support :)

Super Wammer

New exhibitors always welcome. Do try to make it, I was also nervous at my first quite some years ago.

Wouldn’t miss Saturday night ever nowadays, it’s special.

If you hit a problem just shout for help and wammers will step up!

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I will be demonstrating for the first time but been a couple of years on the Sat with the Lenco guys and can say you can never find such a lovely group of guys and gals and that night is very special. Well worth doing 

jessica xx

46 minutes ago, Maverick said:

New exhibitors always welcome. Do try to make it, I was also nervous at my first quite some years ago.

Wouldn’t miss Saturday night ever nowadays, it’s special.

If you hit a problem just shout for help and wammers will step up!

This.

The show is a very special and friendly occasion - a disparate bunch of people brought together by a love of music and hi-fi equipment. Ed and I made the trek down from the Hebrides to the Harrogate show in 2017 and Kegworth in 2018 and 2019. This year on the way down, with 2 sets of DIY actives in the car and a pair of gigantic Quad electrostatics and a sub in a livestock trailer, we were seriously doubting our sanity; on the way back, we were already planning what to take in 2020. It is a curious form of addiction.

As Paul says, the Saturday afternoon/evening is unmissable, some exhibitors still setting up, others well into "testing" mode (testing their eardrums and testing the quality of their favourite tipple), visitors checking out the sounds before the show properly starts on the Sunday. Plenty of wammers available to shift gear and help set up. All in all, a great weekend.

I have my name down but it now looks unlikely that I will be around. Won't know for sure until the beginning of next year. I guess others will be in the same situation. How is this best handled and when do things need to start firming up?

Super Wammer

I have only been to the Wam show twice both at Kegworth and this year had my main system blow on Sunday morning.

The help and generous offers of equipment and by so many other exhibitors when there was a chance this could be damaged was so quick and unexpected that it convinced me not to just close my room but instead find a way to make some music and have a great day.

I urge any new exhibitors to not worry there are so many people who will help in any way they can that you will get your system playing music and have a great time.

• Upvote 3

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, h.g. said:

I have my name down but it now looks unlikely that I will be around. Won't know for sure until the beginning of next year. I guess others will be in the same situation. How is this best handled and when do things need to start firming up?

as long as you make a call by mid-January it will be fine

• Like 1

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, Tony_J said:

in a livestock trailer, we were seriously doubting our sanity; on the way back, we were already planning what to take in 2020. It is a curious form of addiction.

with that journey you could plan the next 3 shows :D

• Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.