Super Wammer
8 hours ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

My main achievement - 

I have set myself a limit of 2 beers for the Sat night. And I have stuck to it. I think it was an accident.

2 Beers????? or did you mean 2 types of beer!!

You were still necking a bottle when you came to my room with Max for a listen at well past midnight.

12 minutes ago, ian917 said:

As much as I enjoyed exhibiting again this year, i’m hoping that the spreadsheet fills up with new names next year so that I can take a break and attend as a punter. 

Come on Ian you know you love it. Born to exhibit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mickbald said:

Come on Ian you know you love it. Born to exhibit. 

The exhibiting bit is easy, it’s the breaking the kit down, packing it in the car, unpacking at the venue and rebuilding before the show and the breaking the kit down, packing it in the car, unpacking at home and rebuilding to return to normal after the show that is the problem!

• Upvote 3

Super Wammer

My kit is finally back where it belongs (almost) to bloody knackered to even think about putting it back together + music room looks like a shit tip following Fridays strip and pack. 

DSC_0261.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

My hall looks a bit cluttered after a quick unpack...may have to do some more shifting so we can get to the stairs!

IMG_20190318_193848
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, ian917 said:

The exhibiting bit is easy, it’s the breaking the kit down, packing it in the car, unpacking at the venue and rebuilding before the show and the breaking the kit down, packing it in the car, unpacking at home and rebuilding to return to normal after the show that is the problem!

+1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Big thanks to organisers and exhibitors. First time visited with plus one. We've been truly terrible this year and made it round half the rooms only, so apologies to everyone we've not visited. It was a great sounding show and best one yet.

What can I say I didn't want to rush it this time round and had to explain a lot... From what each box does... To why are the wooden boxes on the floor... And what are these nice looking lamps and why are there so many of them 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Evening All,

Thanks to everyone for a very enjoyable weekend. I wasn't exhibiting, mainly because i knew there wouldn't be room in the car for my kit - i picked up an SP10, some motorcycle wheels and tyres, a chopped split screen morris minor cab & panels on the way there, and a pre-amp and power amp were delivered on the Sunday !

Thanks to all the exhibitors, two stand-outs for me:

TonyJ's £1000 system was almost unmatchable at the price point.

Steve57 system was (IMO) best of show & one of the best i've ever heard, that speaker and amp combination just played everything thrown at it with aplomb...glorious.

Colin - thanks for organising the curry on Sunday night, a good time had by all.

As an added bonus i got to hear the best Croft pre-amp i've ever heard on the way home.

Same again next year...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, joolz said:

Steve57 system was (IMO) best of show & one of the best i've ever heard, that speaker and amp combination just played everything thrown at it with aplomb...glorious.

Agreed and Tony's system sounded even better than last year. Steve's too having more room to breathe. 

Both room with electrostats were superb and the tiny speakers impressed. Eddie's Proac with beautifully integrated sub and Paul's Boenicke. Yum! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joolz said:

Evening All,

Thanks to everyone for a very enjoyable weekend. I wasn't exhibiting, mainly because i knew there wouldn't be room in the car for my kit - i picked up an SP10, some motorcycle wheels and tyres, a chopped split screen morris minor cab & panels on the way there, and a pre-amp and power amp were delivered on the Sunday !

Thanks to all the exhibitors, two stand-outs for me:

Colin - thanks for organising the curry on Sunday night, a good time had by all.

As an added bonus i got to hear the best Croft pre-amp i've ever heard on the way home.

Same again next year...

:^ Cheers @joolz

Super Wammer

There's just one person I want to give a thumbs up to......  @greybeard's  mate Ken who came into my room at mid-day on Sunday and said "Can I get you a nice cold glass of wine?"  You wouldn't believe how good that sounded.

Well, big thanks to Peter as well. *Mostly* calm on the outside.......  But generous to a tee, and took the trouble of going around all the rooms and making sure we were all happy with how things were going. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, insider9 said:

Agreed and Tony's system sounded even better than last year. Steve's too having more room to breathe. 

Both room with electrostats were superb and the tiny speakers impressed. Eddie's Proac with beautifully integrated sub and Paul's Boenicke. Yum! 

Cheers @insider9 - good to have confirmation that replacing the Lowther drivers with Alpairs was an improvement!

• Like 1

From a first-timer and professional forum lurker, thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome.

I did feel like a bit of a berk showing up with an amp (to sell) and one speaker (for SunbeamGLS to measure for Linn Space Optimisation). If I'd brought two more boxes I'd have had a system to show! Maybe next time.

I didn't make it round every room, partly due to too much beer on Saturday but my most memorable rooms were Steve57, Coogie, Ian917, SunbeamGLS, MaxTheSonyGuy and Spider et.al.

Thanks again for a great show and long may it continue.

2 hours ago, ian917 said:

As much as I enjoyed exhibiting again this year, i’m hoping that the spreadsheet fills up with new names next year so that I can take a break and attend as a punter. 

If you'd have asked me Friday night I'd have wholeheartedly agree, I've mellowed to a maybe since then 😂

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Maybe it is just my desire for pain , or just a feeling that there was so much left undone this weekend but I would love to be able to sign up to a spread sheet tonight to ensure that I get a room next year . I was and still am cream crackered after getting back today and yes all of the system I took with me is still in bags on the floor and will not get put back in to place till Friday . But I got to play music all day , I also got people to tell me that my system was very good and they were impressed and also that the sound was crap , but they still bothered to pay to sit in my room and listen and i could not be happier.

The added bonus of seeing so many warm hearted and generous people who put up with me , offered me help and just generally were nice is not somehting you get too often . Treasure things like this they are unique and best of all they are great fun .

If I have not said it before then I am sorry but thanks to Peter for doing such a great job , thanks to TonyJ for sorting out the extra curricular challenge and thanks to every single person that had a room , paid to come in and visted all of us without you there is little point in this show and that is what makes it special . And an added huge thanks to Barry for doing the charity bring and buy and the personal sales  he worked so hard and I never saw him get a real break to visit the rooms , hope this was just me being wrong and that Barry got to see and hear lots but he worked his back side off all weekend and raised a very respectable sum for charity .

Edited by bencat
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 4