I thoroughly enjoyed the show too. I exhibited last year, so this was my first chance to see the new venue properly. I think the more modern construction of the Kegworth hotel leads to a higher proportion of good sounding systems. (Not least due to the far lower sound bleed from neighbours.)

The big surprise for me this year were the NVA systems. I've never heard their stuff before, and I was very impressed. As well as those, I particularly liked Greybeard's little active setup; harv had the usual banging choons; and I'm an absolute sucker for steve57's system. Loved baggawire's NS1000 system too. (And the other NS1000 setup though I can't remember who had it.) I'm going to stop there, otherwise I'll just end up listing every single system. :)

So, as usual, MASSIVE thanks to everyone who exhibited, organized, helped, worked, and visited. Hope to see you all again next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

To all,

Those who traveled miles; sometimes hundreds of miles, whether by land, sea or air, carried insane amounts of gear, lugged heavy suitcases, drank themselves to a stupor and woke early, had a smile on their faces despite all, for all that and to Peter for organizing the event, to the helpers and the brave, we salute you. Nothing prepared me for the event that is THE WAM Show. It's truly unique.... And I enjoyed it all...

youre-awesome.png

Ade / Parcelmonkey

I do not remember this guy. Was he exhibiting a just a visitor?

Nice to have met you!

And you mate. :)  Thanks for your help in my crises moment. :^

Super Wammer

To all those that exhibited respect I hope you got out of the weekend as much as you put in . Too all the visitors who popped there head in even just for a minute to my room (108) thank you for taking the time . Sorry it was not the system you were expecting but at least there was music playing .

With last years show so changed by the snow and difficulty for everyone to get to it this year feels like the first real Wam Show at Kegworth . All the rooms were full and there seemed to be lots of visitors . All those I met were very kind with there comments and I think if they did not like it they just quietly left which is very considerate to me as the nevous host. I had a real blast and this time I did not get so drunk that I failed to listen to the other rooms Saturday so this year heard lots of music and some really exotic systems and while I did have my favourites none of the rooms I listened to were in any way bad just some I liked more than others . To Ian who showed off his Bronze Quad ESL57's a huge thanks finally anyone who was not deaf could hear for themselves that the rumour (myth?) that Quads do not do Bass is nonsense those speakers kicked .

• Like 1

Thanks and congratulations to Peter and everyone involved in organising and running the show this year and everyone who visited us in Room 109 during the show. Special thanks for your wonderful company and making a newbie exhibitor feel at ease to everyone we met on Saturday night especially Nial for the extended listen to the stunning JBL monitors.

Robert & Patricia

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

man-shrugging_1f937-200d-2642-fe0f.png

In case the wife looks at my eBay search history...

:D

:D  yes, I have perfected that ‘who me?!’ shrug as well 

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

I will add my thanks to to everyone:

My family for their tolerance and understanding

Exhibitors

All the visitors to the show and to those who dropped into the room (some several times) and for the positive comments.

Peter

The Wam team whoever chipped in and provided input to the organisation

Bazzer for looking after the stalls

My roomies Wilardfan and ukAndrewf for all your hard work and room sitting

The commercial guys for supporting the show

The hotel staff for their tolerance and patience

Those who offered to help out shifting kit

And anyone else I should've mentioned but forgot or didn't know about their contribution

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks everyone to a great show, it really had a great buzz about it this year. 

Especially to everyone to dismantled their Hi Fi at home, packed it in the car, unloaded and set up at Keg', played lots of music requests, probably answered the same questions over and over again, then did all the dismantling / transporting and setting up again in reverse order. RESPECT!

What a great show and great people. I went as a non exhibiting visitor and stayed the saturday night. Which meant I had a really relaxed visit although hungover sunday wasn't so nice. Must try to drink less beer next year!!! Such a variety of different sounds. I know a few people had some technical problems with kit which must of been stressful for them.  I now know more faces to the names on here so It will make the wam even more interesting.

Fantastic to hear a real mixture of music as well. You would never hear The magnificent seven by The Clash at a trade  hifi show.

I'm already really looking forward to next years show.

Thanks everyone for all your efforts and great mixture of music and kit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Great day, great sounds and great company. Thanks all. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

As I explained the concept of the Wam Show to my wife, the look on her face was perfect elucidation. “You’re all effing bonkers”.

This from a woman who, since our first day of wedded bliss, has accepted quite happily my other hobby of high speed morse code (I hold an amateur radio licence) and considers that a collection of two large RF amplifiers, half a dozen transmitters, a large antenna and a collection of more than 20 vintage morse keys to be reasonable behaviour.

I had to explain that my head is completely level compared to the two Mad Men of Mull. To stick three systems, one of which included some rather large Quad electrostatics, in a trailer, on a small island, sail for an hour and then drive nine hours south shows a dereliction beyond the call of duty. Not only that, but they were still smiling Friday evening when we got in some curry practice. 

Apart from a landing at East Midlands airport in a Force 7 gale which required a rather urgent change of clothing, I had a fantastic weekend. I live in a Hi Fi desert, so the opportunity to hear other systems, if only to evaluate how mine is coming along, is priceless, so a huge thank you to all the exhibitionists (I think that’s the word I’m looking for). And a very grateful thank you to Peter for enabling the mechanism to allow this to happen.

This was my second Wam show and it is great to be able to put faces to names.

My final thanks must go to my local airline for putting a 20kg cap on my luggage allowance. Vinyl is thankfully quite heavy.

A load of blokes, music and alcohol. Of course there was no chance of anything going wrong.

See you all next year.

Edited by Richard A
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

My main achievement - 

I have set myself a limit of 2 beers for the Sat night. And I have stuck to it. I think it was an accident.

You are being too modest. I thought that the way you demo'd the 3 pairs of speakers you had in your room against each other worked very well and demonstrated what you get as you go up in price and size in the fit-in-a-suitcase sized modern actives sector nicely.

I'd also like to give a big thanks to all the exhibitors and organizers at this year's show. I enjoyed every room I visited.

Visitor numbers seemed higher than last year. And so they should be with the less snowy weather this year.

48 minutes ago, Richard A said:

dereliction beyond the call of duty.

Sorry Richard for picking this out, but the idea amuses me. I am sure that was an auto-corruption. Actually reminds me of my only Kegworth photo.

IMG_20190317_130603740-1040x780.jpg

Super Wammer

Mental dereliction perhaps! Computers, pah.

• Haha 1

As much as I enjoyed exhibiting again this year, i’m hoping that the spreadsheet fills up with new names next year so that I can take a break and attend as a punter.