I want to say a big thanks to all those who exhibited and to everyone who made the show possible. It was the best sounding and most enjoyable hi-fi show I have been to. A fantastic diversity of sounds and every system had something to offer. It really challenged some of my preconceptions which I enjoyed immensely. Thanks also to those exhibitors who put up with my dodgy music selection. 😉

A great achievement 😊

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, graham67 said:

I want to say a big thanks to all those who exhibited and to everyone who made the show possible. It was the best sounding and most enjoyable hi-fi show I have been to. A fantastic diversity of sounds and every system had something to offer. It really challenged some of my preconceptions which I enjoyed immensely. Thanks also to those exhibitors who put up with my dodgy music selection. 😉

A great achievement 😊

Thank you for taking the time to come as well, we would look very foolish stood in empty rooms all day. It had a real good buzz this year I thought, and also plenty of people through the door.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

Huge thanks to the organisers, the other exhibitors, the hotel staff and the punters for attending and supporting the show this year. Hope you all found and enjoyed something that we had to offer on the day from a real diverse mix of hi fi.

Roll on next year ! :D

Hap.

Edited by Hap Hazzard
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, Hap Hazzard said:

Roll on next year ! :D

Absolutely...saddos that we are, we are already planning what to do next year as we drive North...:nerves:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ian917 said:

Thanks to everyone who came to my room (102) for a listen.

Ditto for my visitors (room 104). Great to get the feedback - makes it all worthwhile.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ian917 said:

Great room filling sound from those small speakers Ian. Thanks for playing Spirit of Eden.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Errrrr... It is partly a bit of a blur...

Still trying to piece together the bits that I remember and put faces behind the names behind the nicknames

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My main achievement - 

I have set myself a limit of 2 beers for the Sat night. And I have stuck to it. I think it was an accident.

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

Errrrr... It is partly a bit of a blur...

Still trying to piece together the bits that I remember and put faces behind the names behind the nicknames

You may not remember my face but i bet you remember my arse ! As you helped push it throw the bedroom window of my room when my door swipe lock went totally dead on me and i couldn't get in, just as the show started. :doh: Panic ! as no maintenace was on site, and they couldn't get hold of him, so extreme mesures were required  xD It must of looked really weird as the main road with passing cars was just a few meters away. :o

Thanks Mate. :^ Thats what wamming is about.

Oh, and your three systems in a suitcase that must be a New Wam Record . Those tiny B&W speakers were great. :^

Edited by Hap Hazzard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ian917 said:

As usual Ian your system was Sublime !

I didn't get around them all, i must try harder next year.

Edited by Hap Hazzard

To all,

Those who traveled miles; sometimes hundreds of miles, whether by land, sea or air, carried insane amounts of gear, lugged heavy suitcases, drank themselves to a stupor and woke early, had a smile on their faces despite all, for all that and to Peter for organizing the event, to the helpers and the brave, we salute you. Nothing prepared me for the event that is THE WAM Show. It's truly unique.... And I enjoyed it all...

youre-awesome.png

Ade / Parcelmonkey

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

To all,

Those who traveled miles; sometimes hundreds of miles, whether by land, sea or air, carried insane amounts of gear, lugged heavy suitcases, drank themselves to a stupor and woke early, had a smile on their faces despite all, for all that and to Peter for organizing the event, to the helpers and the brave, we salute you. Nothing prepared me for the event that is THE WAM Show. It's truly unique.... And I enjoyed it all...

youre-awesome.png

Ade / Parcelmonkey

Well said Ade and I believe your speaker search might be taking an unexpected Quad shaped direction as a result...

7 minutes ago, lostwin said:

I believe your speaker search might be taking an unexpected Quad shaped direction as a result...

man-shrugging_1f937-200d-2642-fe0f.png

In case the wife looks at my eBay search history...

:D

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Hap Hazzard said:

You may not remember my face but i bet you remember my arse ! As you helped push it throw the bedroom window of my room when my door swipe lock went totally dead on me and i couldn't get in, just as the show started. :doh: Panic ! as no maintenace was on site, and they couldn't get hold of him, so extreme mesures were required  xD It must of looked really weird as the main road with passing cars was just a few meters away. :o

Thanks Mate. :^ Thats what wamming is about.

Oh, and your three systems in a suitcase that must be a New Wam Record . Those tiny B&W speakers were great. :^

the leap from the window to the inside the room was the tricky bit, over the set-up hifi to land just between it and the bed. Top wamming :^.

Nice to have met you!

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1