ff1d1l

Jbl 4430 clones

40 minutes ago, ff1d1l said:

Don't know how much they retailed for originally, but rare in Europe

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/pro-speakers/1984-4430-35.htm

https://www.hifishark.com/search?q=jbl+4430

The horns for instance wouldn't have retailed for anything like that originally, but are now rare in their own right and these were NOS still in the box.

Good page here

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/profiles/jbl/4430-35.htm

Thanks for those links Nial, Im lazy I could have looked myself but as you seem to know about them thought Id save myself a little work. Ive known of them, as obviously theyre a very well known and sort after speaker, and distinctive so easily recognizable at least to most of us. But as you've mentioned they can be a bit rare so not something you average neighbour might have in his lounge. You have done a brilliant job Nial really looking forward to hearing them. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And ...

Price List in France (dollar us)

1978: 4301 237$
4311 485$
4315 1134$
4331 1125$
4333 1280$
4343 1756$
4350 2286$

1986: everest 9146$

1989 4408 442$
4410 747$
4412 900$
4312A 732$
4425 1220$
4430 2590$

1993 4312A 868$
4425 1300$
4430 3290$
4435 3887$

1999 4312mk2 1067$
4344mk2 5716$
S3100 3810$

Explains why there are less of them in Europe...

Edited by ff1d1l

Super Wammer

Nial I will be there quite early on Saturday and none of my equipment is really heavy . So just in case you have any issues when you arrive call in to my room 108 and I would be only too happy to give you a lift with any of the heavy pieces .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, bencat said:

Nial I will be there quite early on Saturday and none of my equipment is really heavy . So just in case you have any issues when you arrive call in to my room 108 and I would be only too happy to give you a lift with any of the heavy pieces .

Thanks...thats brilliant! Really thoughtful of you. Will do...

Edited by ff1d1l

If you need a hand on Sunday evening, my services will be available as I am attending the Curry fest afterwards.

• Like 1

Just now, moo-fi said:

If you need a hand on Sunday evening, my services will be available as I am attending the Curry fest afterwards.

Cheers Fred...but what do you know about moving heavy speakers about?!?!?!?!xD

Seriously that will be great. I'm currying too BTW...

Big heavy speakers, don't now what they are these days!  Left all my Logic Systems line array's with its double 18's and triple 15's in Wales and now active only with KV2 stuff, and my current subs are only double 15's, which are half the weight with similar output (unfortunately though, double the cost).

You should exhibit with some KV2s Fred, would be really interesting to hear and no doubt an ear opener.

Yes. I actually really like the sound of PA gear, after all it is what you listen to live. In my youth the first set of proper industrial PA disco speakers I linked up at home were a revelation, they shock the whole house and being a terrace the neighbours as well, I'd been pidling with the audiophile recommendations but when your young it was something very appealing. I'd play Floyd and AC-DC till it hurt, those bass pressure levels and compression horns were honking amazing :D

• Like 1

Might be something for next year.  A pair of my monitors (kv2 ex12) and a small sub should be pretty good.  It is smallest I have, and will fit in the car, but still push 130db all day long.

1 hour ago, moo-fi said:

Might be something for next year.  A pair of my monitors (kv2 ex12) and a small sub should be pretty good.  It is smallest I have, and will fit in the car, but still push 130db all day long.

Linn DS + 130db's that is live music isn't it :D 

Good value system at 20k.  Would need a decent pre and a Soundcraft 24si would be good as it has Sturder pre's fitted, which sound rather nice.

These speakers were stunning to see in the flesh and much bigger than I was expecting. Great sound too, especially on soul and funk with the bass driving the music along. Lovely :^

• Like 2