Zim

FS - Having a clear out - Would prefer to sell at Kegworth

Posted (edited)

I'm looking to have a little clearout as I have too much kit. I will be exhibiting in Room 105 at Kegworth so my preference
would be to sell to anyone who is planning to visit next weekend. This will allow me to show the items face to face, save me having to pack them up,
save on postage and the possibility of items getting lost or damaged in transit.

If there is no interest at Kegworth then I am happy to consider the possibility of postage, but priority will go to anyone who is attending Kegworth.

First Watt F5 25W Class A solid state Amplifier.

This has been my daily amplifier for the last 7 years since I built it in 2012. It is possibly not quite as rich sounding as some of my valve amps
but combines a high level of detail, solid bass, low noise floor, reliability and ease of use. Plenty of information online as to how good these are.
It has run since completion without any issues.
I have decided to sell as I would like to release funds to finish some of my other projects.

The amplifier is built into a fully aluminium Modushop 4U case with oversized heatsinks, as such the heatsinks always stay cool enough to be able to hold your
hand on them. The build includes two large E/I Transformers each with a single output to give the bipolar voltage output. I would estimate these as giving a combined output of at least 500VA,
so the power supply is oversized for the output of the amp. This isn't such a benefit for a Class A amp but does at least mean the transformers run nice and cool. The benefit of the E/I transformers is there is not such a large inrush current as you get with toroids. The amps have input capacitors to give additional protection to your speakers. 

From memory the amplifier used Toshiba JFets which I believe are often the preferred types.

The handles on the front give a nice look. The benefits of using a Modushop case is that should you scratch the front (or any other panels) 
it is possible to buy just the required replacement parts from Modushop for a reasonable price. 
The front is in excellent condition, the other sides have the odd little mark here and there but generally the amp looks very good.

The amplifier was checked over by an electrical engineer (my cousin) on completion.

£650 OVNO

IMG_7346.JPG.be79f7801131f00bf3b95f004e2c8fc1.JPG

IMG_7350.JPG.d85cda9256e1e61c9247e4236de4545a.JPG

IMG_7341.JPG.41717c1ac86239328614562c7477f802.JPG

Sony 90s separates system.
A really nice early 90s old school Sony separates system. Their separates were all made in Japan and IMHO are built to last. 
They are extremely well made and have lovely damped volume controls and precise switches.
The systems consists of the following:
TA-F540E amplifier - 90W/Ch into 8 Ohm speakers THD 0.008% - A nice heavy integrated amp built to a good standard.
CDP-591 CD player - Pulse Convertor
ST-S370 tuner

I have the matching three head TC-K570 cassette deck. The belts on this have gone so I have recently ordered replacement belts. It's a really nice deck so would be good to keep it running.
I hope to have this finished by Kegworth but if not am happy to post to keep the system together.

The separates have some marks on top where they have been stacked, and there is one light scratch on the amp top edge of the fascia
which I have managed to fill with black wax to hide it as best as possible. 
The fronts of the separates are very clean. Generally I would describe them as not mint but very good condition, especially considering their age. 

Amplifer, CD player and Tuner £220 the lot OVNO
Cassette Deck    £50 

IMG_7366.JPG.7096e20bb1734b9677b58e01cf5e86af.JPG

The Core Audio - Valve Buffer
Very similar to the Musical Fidelity X10-D but IMHO built to a higher standard. The buffer has a toroidal mains transformer that wouldn't look out of place on 
an entry level integrated amplifier. Parts quality is generally very good, with lots of big film capacitors, and valves are NOS RCA 6BC4.
A very useful device, great for making a system less cable dependent and for improving the output impedance of many components.
I have been surprised how this has improved the output of many components, particularly preamps which often don't have good low impedance output stages. Selling as I have now added internal buffers to my equipment.

£120 OVNO

IMG_7352.JPG.6d1843e9a95fc64a2e5efe6adb0f3758.JPGIMG_7357.JPG.87aa56c570c1a68f2de3a40bd7237ada.JPGIMG_7356.JPG.d010eb4962487d76fc1207356c97b04a.JPGIMG_7354.JPG.befa712f9adaea0071d35c61d8f1b229.JPG

Yamaha natural sound AX-500 Amplifer and KX-393 cassette deck
Nice Japanese made integrated amp (1989) and cassette deck (1998). 85W/Ch into 8 Ohm speakers. THD 0.01%.
Excellent build quality. Very good condition. Nice smooth sound. Would be nice to keep together but willing to split.

£70

IMG_7371.JPG.5c95c79535520c7300aa31e4bae0b1a8.JPG

Sony Playstation PS1 Audiophile CD player SCPH-1002.
Again plenty of information online as to how good this lowly PS1 can sound. I haven't included a picture but it's a PS1.
Fully boxed with controllers and most importantly an aftermarket remote control which makes it much easier to use as a CD player instead of using the controllers.

SOLD

Edited by Zim
Item sold

Hi, I’ll have the PS1 please, I’ll PM you now.

Super Wammer

Am Happy to pick this up at Keggy for you Jez.

5 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Get in the queue John!

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Thanks John, I’ve sorted it with Robin now.

Doh meant to pop in to hear the amp but forgot on the Saturday and was too busy on the Sunday exhibiting.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk