vinyl

FS: Posselt Albatross Speakers

Posted (edited)

Posselt Albatross Speakers

With my system seldom used, I've made the decision to downsize.

Very rarely seen for sale and in this finish and condition.

Hand-built by Jens Posselt in Denmark, all solid wood - no veneers, sold new by Nottingham Analogue Studio in Nottingham in 1999. The original supports have been modified to comprise allen-key tightened , MDF circular discs with rubber feet. The original horn-loaded tweeters were replaced by vastly superior ScanSpeak Classic tweeters in 2013, by speaker experts Wilmslow Audio in Leics and all passive components, wiring and cross-overs including the high quality polypropylene capacitors were checked. Speaker terminals accept banana plugs, spades or bare wire.

Please note the left speaker wood appears faded in the image with speaker grills on - this is caused by overexposure by my phones camera.

UK sale only, payment via Bank transfer, sell for £1495. I don't have the original packaging and I will not ship - so collection only.

Now Sold.

47215713822_ef84a7ba0a_k.jpg

47215713892_201219331a_k.jpg

32325845977_9dbfe390e3_k.jpg

47215714002_858638e25a_k.jpg

32325846017_18bccb5ae8_k.jpg

47215714092_af4cd5776f_k.jpg

40303076953_8209036080_h.jpg

Edited by vinyl

Hi Manny,

Very striking speakers, how far from a rear wall do they need to be to sound their best ?

kind regards,

Julian

1 hour ago, joolz said:

Hi Manny,

Very striking speakers, how far from a rear wall do they need to be to sound their best ?

kind regards,

Julian

You have PM

Hi Manny, 

Did you manage to sell these? 

I still look at them longingly lol

O

A customer of mine many years ago had a pair of these and at the time I  really wanted a pair but could not afford them.

Lovey speakers !

The first time I heard a pair was in a dealers home in Scotland around 1995. They were a dealer for Tom Fletcher, Nottingham Analogue and they were (and still are) simply end game speakers.

But I couldn't afford them back then. Luckily I found this pair in pristine condition a few years ago. If it wasn't for downsizing - there is no way I'd ever sell them. 

Super Wammer

Manny, strikingly good looking speakers. What was the answer regarding placement (distance from rear wall), and where are you?

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Yes, I know, and Oadby is adjacent to Leicester and therefore near me... but there might be other Oadbys! 

EDIT: found them listed on eBay and it is indeed the Oadby 20 miles from my home. If only I wasn’t typing this from Dover while waiting for my ferry...

Still interested in the positioning question.

Edited by TheFlash
  • Like 1

Hi, they can be positioned close (I've had them about 30cm from a rear wall), but away from corners so there is about 1m to their sides. And yes Oadby, Leicestershire.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
15 minutes ago, vinyl said:

Hi, they can be positioned close (I've had them about 30cm from a rear wall), but away from corners so there is about 1m to their sides. And yes Oadby, Leicestershire.

Thanks Manny.