Super Wammer
1 minute ago, parcelmonkey said:

Were you a boy scout once, or perhaps a fan of Blue Peter? Always prepared...

And the bottle comes in useful later as there is no escape apparently, aaaahhhh, that's better!

Of course, hotel's never have room service and meals delivered to the rooms, that would be ridiculous...

:D

I'm only a punter this year but will be bringing a flask, torch, compass, flare gun and foil blanket in case we get snow like last year and I get lost in the car park. I'm not really into man-on-man action but am prepared to eat the weak if needs must: please PM me if interested.

• Haha 6

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, Bazzer said:

Didn't they sell lager and crisps 

Yes I do remember some kind Wammer bringing me liquid refreshment :D :pint:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

I'm only a punter this year but will be bringing a flask, torch, compass, flare gun and foil blanket in case we get snow like last year and I get lost in the car park. I'm not really into man-on-man action but am prepared to eat the weak if needs must: please PM me if interested.

Go on, I've seen the pictures of the little red speedos... :)

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, parcelmonkey said:

Go on, I've seen the pictures of the little red speedos... :)

Arousing, wasn't it. I must confess to possession of a banana; I was on my way to a Wam Show and had to smuggle it past the Catering Police.

Edited by TheFlash
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Not this one from memory :(

What sort of hotel is it that can’t rustle up a freshly cooked round of sausage sandwiches from room service? This place needs a Tripadvisor ‘roasting’ by the sound of it.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, chebby said:

What sort of hotel is it that can’t rustle up a freshly cooked round of sausage sandwiches from room service? This place needs a Tripadvisor ‘roasting’ by the sound of it.

In fairness to the hotel, it is not a normal weekend for them, we take over the rooms move furniture around, and have people wandering the corridors, and in and out of the rooms all day. So for them a logistical nightmare.

1 minute ago, greybeard said:

In fairness to the hotel, it is not a normal weekend for them, we take over the rooms move furniture around, and have people wandering the corridors, and in and out of the rooms all day. So for them a logistical nightmare.

But a packed hotel in the UK in March, who'd like that! I'm sure it's not impossible and plenty would appreciate someone going that extra mile...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, greybeard said:

it is not a normal weekend for them

And that's a fact .

• Upvote 1

TBF though, I can produce better tasting food than most hotels. The point is, I think, it's nice to have something rustled for you.

Super Wammer

Okay the hotel is not that great for food , Most of the exhibitors should be there Saturday so if you want somehting different for an evening meal then as we have done for the Sunday curry night we can move to one of the local eateries that are in walking distance . it was only the snow that stopped this last year.

I read on the internet there is a decent italian so what about that ? The all you need is Sunday during the day . Those staying can fill up on the cooked breakfast in the morning and as @greybeard said buy a sandwich if your desperate then in the evening you are either packing and leaving so can get foos where you like on your journey home or if you are staying then sign up for curry night (in a a place in the village not in the hotel) and jobs a gooden .

No I do not agree with the decision to not allow the pies but it has been made and we need to get on with it . If you need a decent sized place to buy food then Castle Donnington has a good sized Co-Op which you can buy anyhting you want . No point in moaning we just need to get on with it .

• Upvote 2

I bought myself two pot noodles at the co-op last year, with the breakfast and copious amounts of booze on the Saturday it saw me through the weekend.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Perhaps one of these is the answer... 

xmas-hamper-2.jpg

...you should be able to slip it in to the hotel under the guise of the suitcase challenge (or perhaps wicker basket challenge) ;) 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
13 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

I bought myself two pot noodles at the co-op last year, with the breakfast and copious amounts of booze on the Saturday it saw me through the weekend.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Off-topic! We're talking food here. Pot Noodles are just not food, period. Seriously. If you want to just not feel hungry, eat your socks.

• Haha 3

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, orbscure said:

Perhaps one of these is the answer... 

xmas-hamper-2.jpg

...you should be able to slip it in to the hotel under the guise of the suitcase challenge (or perhaps wicker basket challenge) ;) 

This would require valves, wouldn't it. I mean, you just couldn't have this in your room and stream on some wirless transistor contraption; you'd need a proper record player with valves and a really good needle.