Nopiano

Mark Levinson no. 585 - is this the best integrated amp ever made?

Super Wammer

Maybe not, but I’d love one, and at several grand below the typical £12,000 list price this one’s only 5 months old... 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283401846703

• Like 1

I gather that the biggest hurdle the manufacturers of top stuff need to clear is alternatives - how many holidays can you have for 11 grand ?

Let alone watches, classic car, boat, all the other essentials of life :)

Or more mundane things like the "need" for a new kitchen, still got to cook bitch.

• Like 1

yes , beautiful amp , someone i know just demo`ed one and was impressed . john  has some very good prices and his dp32 is well below other sellers price s/h 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I'm a boring fart, I'd rather spend £5k on an amp than a holiday :D

(the other half might disagree)

• Like 1

ah the joys of living by the sea in essex , you dont need a holiday !! more money  then for hi fi 

• Haha 1

I bet Bob Carver could make a better one :)

Super Wammer
On 22/03/2019 at 15:07, eddie-baby said:

I bet Bob Carver could make a better one :)

I could live with that!  

Posted (edited)

A brand-new PrimaLuna Evo 400, including (what they claim) is one of the world's best headphone amps and, with their track record , so far .... ah wouldn't bet against it, Prima Luna already produce some of the best amps in the world. Which leaves ye (if ye buy one) with 7 grand saved, over the Levinson, for a world cruise with yer wife ! :22:

Edited by locheeboy

10 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

A brand-new PrimaLuna Evo 400, including (what they claim) is one of the world's best headphone amps and, with their track record , so far .... ah wouldn't bet against it, Prima Luna already produce some of the best amps in the world. Which leaves ye (if ye buy one) with 7 grand saved, over the Levinson, for a world cruise with yer wife ! :22:

Or you could buy two, one for each room and skip the cruise 😀

• Like 1

Super Wammer
16 hours ago, locheeboy said:

I’m sure it’s lovely, but it’s only a puny 70 watts per channel. Plenty enough for Tannoys though!  

• Like 1