AlmaAtaKZ

Unbelievably, I am in! Doing the Suitcase Challenge

Posted (edited)

Bazzer has kindly agreed to lend a pair of stands from the auction. So this is also a sound quality demo of a nice pair of slim and tall speaker stands. See the charity auction thread for pic. These will be on sale in room 12 on behalf of Bazzer, all proceeds to charity. Place your bids! Here or at the show.

I hear these stands are heavy!

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ

Super Wammer

@AlmaAtaKZ Welcome happy that you were able to get a room and enjoy yourself . I know it can be a little diunting but no need to let be . All (most) of the visitors to the rooms are both friendly and enthusiastic and some even appreciate the effort you make to take a room and let them hear your system . Saturday is fairly chilled and if you do it right (not like I did last year) then you can get round and listen in comfort to few of the other systems which can be difficult on the Sunday due to time and number of visitors.

Make sure after you arrive that you get set up and have things working as soon as you can then the rest after that is your time till Sunday morning . There is a thread for those looking for room sitters if you need one add your name and I am sure you will get a volunteer .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

Bazzer has kindly agreed to lend a pair of stands from the auction. So this is also a sound quality demo of a nice pair of slim and tall speaker stands. See the charity auction thread for pic. These will be on sale in room 12 on behalf of Bazzer, all proceeds to charity. Place your bids! Here or at the show.

I hear these stands are heavy!

Can I just confirm there is no auction , its just a sale , acceptable offers will be taken , first come first served .

Super Wammer

I get the impression that @Bazzer has been practicing his scowling "how much?! get serious, please, this is a classic piece of kit" and, optionally "you'll be supporting a good cause". I can't wait.

3 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

I get the impression that @Bazzer has been practicing his scowling "how much?! get serious, please, this is a classic piece of kit" and, optionally "you'll be supporting a good cause". I can't wait.

I come armed with this :

Related image

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bazzer said:

Can I just confirm there is no auction , its just a sale , acceptable offers will be taken , first come first served .

Will PM.

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Bazzer said:

I come armed with this :

Related image

Bless! Little sad puppy in box in rain... melts your heart. Give generously folks!

• Upvote 1

I am now travelling by train, arriving East Mid Parkway statio at abt 11am on Sat.

Anyone knows if there is a minicab station there or get point me to a local cab co?

Or is there a bus from the station to somwhere near the hotel?

3 minutes ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

I am now travelling by train, arriving East Mid Parkway statio at abt 11am on Sat.

Anyone knows if there is a minicab station there or get point me to a local cab co?

Or is there a bus from the station to somwhere near the hotel?

If you get on a Kegworth bus it will bring you past the hotel.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bandit pilot said:

Actually scratch that. Looking on maps, thebus would probably go a different route. If you are coming up on Saturday I can come and pick you up. I'll be busy Sunday though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bandit pilot said:

Or flag down one of those Paul's Pies vans .

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Or flag down one of those Paul's Pies vans .

:rofl:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bandit pilot said:

Actually scratch that. Looking on maps, thebus would probably go a different route. If you are coming up on Saturday I can come and pick you up. I'll be busy Sunday though.

That would be fantastic! Thank you for the offer! I shall take it up!

Yes, Saturday. Large suitcase, likely with cables dangling behind 🙏

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ