AlmaAtaKZ

Unbelievably, I am in! Doing the Suitcase Challenge

Posted (edited)

As I am very late, it is unbelievable that I was given a room. Thanks, Peter!

Up to today I have not done any preparations and as a first-time participant (Scalford once as a visitor) I am about to start panicking. :nerves::shock:

Room 12, suitcase challenge, 3 systems. Not on any list yet, missed the brochure cut off.

Seeking a lift (with suitcase) on Sat from somewhere in London and back on Sun. Would contribute to the cost, naturally.

Need a room sitter, I suppose, at some point.

Need to read through various arrangements - rules, pies, organised outings?, newbee tips...

What else?!

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

Up to today I have not done any preparations and as a first-time participant (Scalford once as a visitor) I am about to start panicking. :nerves::shock:

Room 12, suitcase challenge, 3 systems. Not on any list yet, missed the brochure cut off.

Seeking a lift (with suitcase) on Sat from somewhere in London and back on Sun. Would contribute to the cost, naturally.

Need to read through various arrangements - rules, pies, organised outings?, newbee tips...

What else?!

Is that really one suitcase containing three systems...?? Top tip: if it's just three Roberts radios, you will win the prize for cheeky newcomer!

Nice one. Don't be nervous, wammers will be grateful for your contribution to proceedings. You won't be awarded a score and your penis will not be measured. Just saying.

Of course the critical bit is getting you there. I'm sure London Wammers will soon be popping along as regularly as Victoria line tube trains.

Posted (edited)

Yes, hope to fit 3 in 1. All similar in a way but all the items are different (except one, which is on the other hand is optional).

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ

13 minutes ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

What else?!

Let me know what room you are in so I can come and have a listen.

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

Also, what are the possible options for contributing to the event. Before, during and after?

You'll need to expand on that... the main way to contribute to the event is to pitch up on the Saturday, set up early and wander around bumping into other wammers. If you're exhibiting you should get a badge/lanyard so at least folk will know who you are!

Edited by TheFlash

1 minute ago, Tony_J said:

Let me know what room you are in so I can come and have a listen.

Room 12

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

You'll need to expand on that... the main way to contribute to the event is to pitch up on the Saturday, set up early and wander around bumping into other wammers. If you're exhibiting you should get a badge/lanyard so at least folk will know who you are!

Anything. Charity, photo report (difficult when exhibiting), etc

I was thinking donating a second/third prize (for the suitcase challenge if the judge alllows/wants that.

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

Anything. Charity, photo report (difficult when exhibiting), etc

I was thinking donating a second/third prize (for the suitcase challenge if the judge alllows/wants that.

Absolutely no problem with that!

4 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Absolutely no problem with that!

Does this qualify (keeping with the prize theme)?

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
32 minutes ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

Does this qualify (keeping with the prize theme)?

image.jpeg

Arrives 4pm Sat. Reveals vodka to fellow wammers. Is warmly welcomed. Disposes of empty bottle 6pm.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Noooo. This will be given with pomp,  ceremony and long speech no doubt by the judge! Models by the side of the podium, paparazzi and all that.

Sat has to be another bottle I reckon. If it fits in the suitcase...

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ
  • Like 1

Super Wammer
26 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Arrives 4pm Sat. Reveals vodka to fellow wammers. Is warmly welcomed. Disposes of empty bottle 6pm.

6pm!!!!!!!! its Pisshead Wammers we're talking about here Nigel. :pint::pint:I think 4:20 is more like it. :o  :o 

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

so it’s suitcase system and bottle challenge then! Bigger bottle - smaller system :?

Now you're wamming!

Joking... drinking is optional. 9_9

• Haha 1