lostwin

Making the most of Kegworth

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, Brigadoon said:

Fixed for you Flash :D

rong fetch alcohol in all cases :D 

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

I enjoy the irreverance of this site and mnay of its members . However with me working today to strip down and get all my system and cables extras etc ready for travel tomorrow I had a little serious thought about this question and here is my very honest but by no means accurate advice .

First come along with a mind set that you are there to enjoy yourself , this is no a chore or somehting you have to do it is a cahnce to hear some music have drink and chat and meet some like minded people interested in the same thing .

Second bring along some music you like in what ever format you want , there will be a system in one of the rooms that can play it . All those who are exhibiting will be happy to play any music that visitors have brought and then you have your knowledge of how this sounds in your systemj to compare.

If you drink have few but try and and keep it to sensible levels (I know last person to talk about staying sober but you can learn from my mistakes) last year I ended up only hearing a very few systems and not getting to meet lots of the other exhibitors I will not be doing that this year.

Lastly have a little consideration for those that are showing a system they will be nervous and they will have worked very hard to get things set up and playing . If there is anyhting you like then tell them they will feel that much better to hear it. If you do not like what you hear and you have a suggestion that might improve it then try and talk to the exhibitor near the door so as not to bother those listening . If it is just not to your taste and you have no constructive advice then perhpas keep it to your self or till you see the exhibitor after the show and have a private chat .

We all have egos both large and small we all think our systems sound excellent and we all hope that so0mone else will hear the same things we do . I have found this is less and  less likely we are not able to agree on the music so what chance on the equipment . A bit of tolerance and good feeling shown by all parties just makes this a better day . There are plenty of alternative rooms to listen to so while a room system may not be your idea of good sound just thank the exhibitor and leave and find somehting more to your taste.

Did I also mention enjoy yourself , find some new music you have not heard before , oh and of course if you see me by the bar buy me a drink , I will not remember your name but while I am drinking you will be my very best friend.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

+1

Sorted my collection of CD's I'm bringing! :shock:

Was going to bring three but that seems to have gone askew...

I have left out a surprise CD which if you have the bass cones, I have the CD for. Doesn't necessarily go that low but it will definitely give 'em a workout.

I've tried to get a mis-mash of genres so hopefully won't get asked to leave too often.

YLp1tZ0.jpg

:rockin:

See you there! :^

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, parcelmonkey said:

Sorted my collection of CD's I'm bringing!

For the charity sale I take :cafe:

3 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

For the charity sale I take :cafe:

Feck Off! They're mine and I'm keeping them. :off:

You can have some other tat,  quality interconnects for the charity sale...

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

I really enjoyed my visit today and the advice on this thread proved very useful.

can I just say a huge thank you to the organisers and the exhibitors who I am sure put months of effort into the event - you did the whole WAM community proud :notworthy:

Edited by lostwin
  • Like 4