lostwin

Making the most of Kegworth

Super Wammer

Oh, and despite what you think of the music or the system, its nice to acknowledge the amount of effort and expense an exhibitor has gone to with a nod, smile or a thank you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Oh, and despite what you think of the music or the system, its nice to acknowledge the amount of effort and expense an exhibitor has gone to with a nod, smile or a thank you.

Absolutely. Leaving a room rolling your eyes, shaking your head and tutting would NOT be good wamming!

Edited by TheFlash
  • Upvote 2

Take some of your own music on vinyl and/or CD - most rooms will happily play a track or two if you ask. 

If there are seats available, sit down and listen. Most systems sound better in the seats than in the corridor. :)

Don't expect to get to every room, even though it can be done, but choose the ones that pique your interest when you see them listed on the brochure or spreadsheet.

Talk to other visitors about the systems that they have enjoyed listening to.

Have fun! Nobody is trying to sell you anything.

• Like 2

The couple of times I went to Scalford, we did manage to get to see all the rooms, but it really is a bit of a stretch to do that all in one day. Possibly slightly easier at Kegworth because it isn't a rabbit warren and all the rooms are pretty close to each other. Best select a short list from the programme and then do as many of the others as you can once you are done with the short list.

12 hours ago, mickbald said:

At the later Scalford shows everyone where given a name tag and crayon (nothing sharp allowed), This was great so as we could recognise others and introduce ourselves and have a bit of a banter. 

This was not available at Kegworth - maybe a rethink. 

I'm going to introduce myself to everyone and will probably be asked to leave by some....

Especially if I show them some of my CD's. I'll be wearing a home made name tag, if I can find my crayons...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

I'm going to introduce myself to everyone and will probably be asked to leave by some....

Especially if I show them some of my CD's. I'll be wearing a home made name tag, if I can find my crayons...

Entry to room 19 will require a certified letter guaranteeing that you have taken your meds that day. Looking forward to meeting you Ade.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wizmax said:

Entry to room 19 will require a certified letter guaranteeing that you have taken your meds that day. Looking forward to meeting you Ade.

Nothing can be guaranteed... But I will be there.

I haven't looked yet at the spreadsheet as has been suggested previously, so I will be drawing up a shortlist of people or systems I'm interested in.

Who's in this room....

MV5BYTY1Y2UzMmItZDgzMC00Nzc1LTk3ZDAtYWM4

Please be weird...

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

Nothing can be guaranteed... But I will be there.

I haven't looked yet at the spreadsheet as has been suggested previously, so I will be drawing up a shortlist of people or systems I'm interested in.

Who's in this room....

MV5BYTY1Y2UzMmItZDgzMC00Nzc1LTk3ZDAtYWM4

Please be weird...

:rofl:

I think you spelt wired wrong, just sayin'

13 hours ago, TheFlash said:

^ this. Great advice from an obviously experienced wammer!

+1:^

Posted (edited)

Also (applicable to my case at least) - 

- Bring your music on a mobile device so you can play it via headphone out or stream via AirPlay.

- There are rooms (or is it just one room?) that are not in the brochure (because lazy people who are late exhibit in these rooms and the organisers allow them to do that!), so look out for any extra rooms, e.g. room 12 😀

Edited by AlmaAtaKZ
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
On 06/03/2019 at 10:57, parcelmonkey said:

come and say hi Ade please

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

All,

the room allocations have been done by the organisers learning from last year, plus this time we have the whole hotel (last year there were non exhibitors next to us) it was much easier I am told

1. all exhibitors rooms are on the first 2 floors only which should make getting around easier (top floor is sleeping rooms only)
  2. plus the large systems space of course, which I am sure will be popular
  3. all exhibitors are in 'superior' rooms (whatever they are!)
  4. it is a very simple layout at this hotel, it does not require many past visits, a troop of boy scouts, a GPS and a leaving trail of breadcrumbs like Scalford to stand a hope of finding all the rooms ;) 
  5. there is no fountain unfortunately
  6. there is a gym which apparently was very busy on Saturday evening :rofl:
Edited by Maverick
fat fingers
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Maverick said:

come and say hi Ade please

Seeing as you asked so nicely, of course! :^

Are you intending to be up & running Sat night playing tunes?

Super Wammer
Just now, parcelmonkey said:

Seeing as you asked so nicely, of course! :^

Are you intending to be up & running Sat night playing tunes?

and possibly drinking, defo talking nonsense as usual, likely KO post England game

Super Wammer
On 05/03/2019 at 22:18, TheFlash said:

Is this right then?

• Sounds only: come in
  • Profanity only: FETCH ALCOHOL
  • Sounds and profanity: normal. Come in!

Fixed for you Flash :D

• Haha 1