myles

Keith Flint has left us ..

49 is no age. RIP.

• Upvote 1

Shame. The team run out music this season for Sunderland AFC's Stadium of Light is this -

RIP Keith.

• Upvote 2

Same age as me a sobering thought

31 minutes ago, Danielquinn said:

Only if you take recreational drugs

Only what if you take recreational drugs?

Absolutely shocking, just heard on Radio 2. They are and will always be legends in their genre of music, and their sounds have become one of the most iconic around. Seen them live and they seriously rocked, bridging the gap between many genres actually. Some of their albums will always be remembered by me as some of the best albums ever produced. I know The Prodigy were a party band but I never thought this mans life would be over so quickly.

Super Wammer

Took his own life, so sad.

It is just tragic to think that anyone would have to do that. It's bad to hear anyone let alone someone who brought so much to peoples lives and the music industry and people loved him.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Danielquinn said:

Only if you take recreational drugs

It seems he took his own life, according to a band member.

It is a shame but nothing new with rock stars. You could compile a whole directory on those who took their own lives.

Very sad news, the Prodigy were a huge part of my music listening as a teenager and very much how I got into dance music in the 90s. 

With a new tour upcoming & some big gigs, his mindset must have been depressed so low!

I can understand someone considering suicide when things are really bad but it looked good for the Prodigy in 2019...

49 is too young!

I have a favourite memory -

Kef 104.2's; a suspended wooden floor, a large Japanese amp and the volume wick turned to max. All I remember is the vibrations coming through the house and the neighbours kicking off.

Fat Of The Land - Breathe and I'd just purchased it. Me and a friend grinning at each other like numpties...

R.I.P. - I'll always remember the joys of your music...

:^

• Like 2

1 hour ago, parcelmonkey said:

Fat Of The Land - Breathe and I'd just purchased it. Me and a friend grinning at each other like numpties...

Yep same.

A real speaker/system workout that album (and others). With plenty of power and cones that can take it you can get the whole room pressurised. Smack My Bitch up was another particularly good track, when that first bass hits on the track it is literally a smack to the senses loud. To watch live they were another level.