Paulssurround

Throw Away Your Ethernet Cables And Audition Some Cat8 Ethernet Cables?

57 minutes ago, rabski said:

I'm quite happy to be 'confronted', though there are many things I don't like. None of which have anything to do with this or most other threads.

The Wigwam is not like many other forums. It is comparatively extremely lightly moderated and as moderators we are perfectly entitled to an opinion and perfectly entitled to state it. On many forums, most of the members aren't even entitled to voice many opinions.

As for " allowed the Linn folks to get on with their discussions without heavy moderation", NO threads are stopped, deleted, locked or modified unless the (very few rules) here get broken. You might not like the moderation here, or the 'robust' answers some people give. However, this place is not a police state. Within reason, everyone is entitled to say what they think, but that does mean you may well hear some people who do not agree with what you say. That's as much their right as it is yours. It's what 'debate and discussion' means.

Over the many years I've been a member of this forum, I have benefitted massively from a lot of the advice, knowledge and experience of others. I've on many occasions had my beliefs roundly criticised, but I don't have any issue with that. Sometimes I have not changed my mind, but other times I've revisited something I believed to be 'fact' and found it actually not to be.

You would do yourself a huge favour by reading Pauls text again, instead of giving your default moderation sales pitch.

What is hidden in plain sight, is that Paul is slowly but steadily accepting a status of being a second rate citizen, and no matter the moderation policy, -that- should be a wake up call.

It's always amazing to see how quickly the moderators accumulate the moment you question their motives. Sad, but funny.

Just now, Tin said:

You would do yourself a huge favour by reading Pauls text again, instead of giving your default moderation sales pitch.

What is hidden in plain sight, is that Paul is slowly but steadily accepting a status of being a second rate citizen, and no matter the moderation policy, -that- should be a wake up call.

It's always amazing to see how quickly the moderators accumulate the moment you question their motives. Sad, but funny.

You would do yourself a huge favour by not trying to tell us how to run this place. I don't need you to tell me what my motives are or how to behave, and I doubt Paul needs you to speak on his behalf.

This is not the first time you have seen fit to openly question the moderation on this site. Now that's what I call sad, but funny, seeing as on just about every forum I know, you'd have had an immediate ban on the first occasion.

• Upvote 1

I just did myself a bigger favour. I didn't read Paul's post again. I read your last twenty. The vast majority are directly critical of other forum members in one way or another, or consist of you telling people how they should act, behave or what to do. Your posts have been reported on more than one occasion, and not by moderators. We have not taken any action, because whether you like it or not, moderation here is exceptionally light. We've let you continue to gripe and criticise the moderatotrs and the way the site is run, because that's how this place works.

Your behaviour here is not sad and it's not funny. It's becoming damaging to this forum and its members. You can take this as one of the very, very rare occasions when moderation is necessary for the good of the forum as a whole and you can take this as a final warning that any more posts directly ciriticising any member or any moderator and you'll be 'enjoying' the much, much stricter moderation on other sites, because you will not be posting here any longer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tin said:

We see you as ants, Tin.  It's barely worth stepping on you. :D

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Tin said:

I'm actually pretty sure that Pauls memory, and not yours, was serving their owner correctly.

Well, it looks like both your memory and Paul's are faulty:

(Click on the arrow in the top RH corner of the image to get to Colin's post. He isn't a moderator.)

Edited by Tony_J

As someone who has not posted on the Wam for ages, I would like to say that it all seems about the same except I preferred it when there was more swearing. Some people felt that the swearing got in the way of intelligent discussion but I don't think the absence of swearing has ushered in a new Athens.

I wish I had something constructive to add, beyond a suggested revsion of the title to "Cat 8 my homework". I'll get my coat.

• Haha 3

FWIW, swearing and personal insults have never been allowed outside of certain sections of the forum. And they aren't now either.

Posted (edited)

I know the OP, "Paulssurround", wrote a lot in the previous Linn forum and this current forum, but I do not subscribe to his views, I think things usually happen the opposite to what he has been saying...

PS: No disrespect to the OP.

Edited by cspgqqt

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, cspgqqt said:

I know the OP, "Paulssurround", wrote a lot in the previous Linn forum and this current forum, but I do not subscribe to his views, I think things usually happen the opposite to what he has been saying...

PS: No disrespect to the OP.

How refreshing to see a balancing view point from another Linn owner. Bon chance cspgqqt

Edited by Croma
username spelling

Super Wammer
5 hours ago, Croma said:

How refreshing to see a balancing view point from another Linn owner. Bon chance cspgqqt

There are views across the debate in this thread from Linn owners.  The idea that all Linn owners have a single view on this subject, or any other, is strange.

7 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

There are views across the debate in this thread from Linn owners.  The idea that all Linn owners have a single view on this subject, or any other, is strange.

Precisely. I don’t even have a single view myself!

Initially I liked the cat8 cables, but the earth loop thing highlighted a problem, which once heard was difficult to accept, so now I’m preferring my Meicords again! Goodness knows what I’ll prefer next week! :doh:

1 hour ago, hannson.design said:

Initially I liked the cat8 cables, but the earth loop thing highlighted a problem, which once heard was difficult to accept, so now I’m preferring my Meicords again!

I have been using a 17 meters CAT 7 from Router to Klimax DS Katalist for the last 3-4 years.

Now I was planning to replace it with a new Wireworld Chroma Cat.8 (not yet ordered), but that "earth loop" thing has stopped me from ordering it.

Question is:

A.- Keep my current CAT 7?

B.- Replace it with Meincord?

C.- Go ahead with Wireworld Chroma?

Please help me on that decision, after reading these 75 pages my ideas are not yet clear O.o